Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow Shoveler

In an attempt to surprise Jeff, I decided to take it upon myself to shovel the driveway. It was my first attempt at ever doing this. It was a lot worse than I thought it would be!

I bundled up, got my iPod playing, and was really excited to try something new and surprise my husband in the process. Well...

1. Apparently I don't know how to shovel because it just wasn't happening.

2. The closer you get to the sidewalk the harder it is to scoop because the stupid snow has glued itself together and then to the concrete.

3. People wait to do their jobs until Meagan is outside doing hers. The garbage men and the mailman were outside my house forever. Really? Do you have to stay there FOREVER before moving again? Yes? Ok just checking.

4. I got sooooo sweaty. I thought I should bundle up but man I should have gone out there in my swim suit. My shirt was stretched out from sweat (nasty I know). I took off my hat and my hair was nasty. I could probably use another shower.

5. The shovel Jeff bought was one of those ergonomic shovels. And it is the most awkward shovel ever. We will be getting a new one asap.6. It took me an hour and I didn't even finish. My arms and back hurt. I no longer feel bad for eating Taco Bell for lunch because I had my second workout of the day for sure.

7. We get to do it again tomorrow... and then Wednesday!

8. Snowblower? Yes, please.


Final product:

Jeff will probably have to do it when he gets home still but hey, at least I tried. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol. This is too funny because one of the times I went to visit my mom after she first moved to Chicago, I was thinking the same thing...... Surprise her with a clean driveway. Um, no. It is freaking hard and after about 10 minutes I was pretty sure I never wanted to do that again. boo. You did better than me though, and I think it looks really good! btw, that's a lot of snow!