Can you believe two years ago this happened?



Yeah me either. Jeff and I got married on January 19, 2008. It's crazy how fast time flies!
Jeff surprised me by taking time off from work to spend the day with me on Tuesday. We wanted to do something fun so we headed up to Omaha for the day. We went to California Taco for lunch. It's located in the ghetto of Omaha but it's so incredibly delicious and fattening. It was featured on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives and so of course we went (this was out second time there)!
Don't knock a California Taco until you try it (see all the fattening goodness? I know, how can you miss it?):
We went to the Joslyn Art Museum after lunch. I have wanted to go there for several years and I'm glad we made the trip! There was a lot of good art work there. Of course, I loved it because Monet had two paintings there. As long as a museum has a Monet art piece there, I'll love it! The museum also had a lot of furniture dating back to the 15oo and 16oos. The furniture was in impecible shape. I just wanted to reach out and touch it. They also had some pottery that dated back to 1150 BC which was also very cool.
Here are the two Monets that are featured at the Joslyn:


We also went to the mall for a while and got my wedding ring cleaned and all of that. We went to Brewbugers for dinner (also featured on DDD). Delicious. We hung around for a while and came back to Lincoln. It doesn't sound like much but it was really nice spending time with Jeff with nothing else to do but enjoy each other's company. It's hard for anyone to do that these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment