So now that everyone knows the big news, I will share some of the little things I've experienced the past 3 months.
-We found out at the beginning of October and have been dying to tell people since the day we found out.
-I have had no morning sickness (knock on wood) just a decrease in appetite and some tummy aches in the beginning. I've been crazy tired but it has gotten better. I am no longer going to bed at 8 which is good. I can make it until about 10 before I seriously conk out.
-I've had two appointments so far. My third is on the 16th of December. We got to hear the heartbeat at the last appointment. It was 166. So for all you wives' tale believers... there you go. (Just so you know the Chinese gender chart says it should be a boy. So there is your conflicting results.)
-Jeff and I will not be finding out the sex of the baby. Nearly everyone has moaned and groaned about it but really, it's one of the only true surprises you can have anymore. With the internet, TV, and the way word of mouth spreads-- there are no secrets. This will definitely be an awesome secret.
-Also a secret? The name. We haven't talked much about names but when we decide on one, you can find out what it is when the baby is born :)
-There is no baby bump so I can comfortably wear all of my clothes still. I hope to wear my clothes as long as possible but I am looking forward to a growing belly. I'm supposed to gain 10 lbs by 20 weeks-- we will see how that goes (I lost weight the last time the nurse weighed me). I have 8 weeks left and have only gained 2 lbs. With the holidays around, I'm sure that will be no problem.
-Jeff has been the most amazing husband since we found out (not that he wasn't before). He takes great care of me and let's me relax while he does the hard work and not so hard work around the house. He came home with beautiful flowers and delicious strawberry shortcake ice cream bars yesterday. He has been so understanding and caring about everything that has been going on. He's gone to both appointments, will try to go to all, and will be taking ALL his time off when the baby is born in June (a little over a month!). Jeff is such an amazing guy and he is going to make a wonderful daddy.
Jeff and I are so excited for this year. We have worked really hard to get to this exact spot in our lives. We paid off our debts, I lost weight to make for a healthier pregnancy, we've saved like crazy so I can stay at home with our babies, and we have just really done what it takes to put things in order to give this baby the best life we can. We can't wait for the little Junebug to make his/her appearance!!
4 comments:
You are going to be a wonderful mommy, too. Yay baby Mohr!
Junebug! SO cute! I am so excited to buy baby stuff for you! If you can, let me know as soon as possible about a baby shower so I can try to make it!
I know you guys have worked so hard... You've done an amazing job and this little baby will be blessed to have such great parents!
So excited for you guys! We might have our babies at the same time since mine like to come really late, LOL. Congrats!! :)
Post a Comment