Thursday, December 30, 2010

Excited for the New Year

I am so excited for the new year.  It's going to bring wonderfully huge changes for me and Jeff.  We can't wait!

But you can't go forward without experiencing the past and here are some things that Jeff and I did this year that we are proud and happy about...

-We visited Oklahoma several times to see friends and to visit Katie throughout her pregnancy
-We payed off the last of our student loans which officially put us out of debt minus the mortgage (woo hoo!)
-We got a new TV (this seriously is big news for us, or at least me, I HATED our old one.)
-I got to go to an art museum and see two Monet pictures-- my favorite artist
-We set, and stuck, to a budget year round and man it's amazing!  It is a pain but it's awesome to know where your money is going, what's coming in and out, what you can save and where you can splurge.  If you can get over the initial pain, it's totally worth it and I would recommend it to anyone.
-We got to go to a Saltdogs game
-We went on a trip to Minnesota with our bff couple and got to go to a Twins game as well as the Mall of America
-I got a job
-I lost weight in the double digits (not too far into the double digits but hey I give myself props!)
-We welcomed in the wave o' babies 2010-- Mr. Declan, Mr. Charlie, Miss Ally, and Miss Brooklyn.  Our first nephew, our first niece, my bff cousin's first baby, and our bff couple's first baby.  They are all beautiful babies :)
-Jeff and I became godparents to Miss Brooklyn
...and of course the most amazing and awesome part of this year...
-Jeff and I found out we are going to be parents to an amazing little baby!

2011 is going to be awesome.  Obviously the biggest thing I am looking forward to is our little Mohr coming to make his/her appearance in June.  I'm thinking time will fly by.  January is already packed full of stuff: parents in Hawaii, Katie's 20 birthday, our 3rd anniversary, and the big ultrasound where we will get to see lots of our little baby.  By the end of January I will already be over half way done with the pregnancy and the first half has flown. 

Some other things that we will be looking forward to this year coming up:
-Katie's 20th birthday
-Getting everything ready for baby (and I'm talking everything, I am the biggest procrastinator you've met.  I haven't done anything yet)
-My birthday- half a century old!
-Katie and Sean's milestone birthdays (you're welcome.)
-Mom's last birthday of her youth (just kidding, I love you.)
-Annie's high school graduation (I can't believe we moved to Nebraska after her fifth grade year and now she's graduating!)
-Annie's 18th birthday-- yikes.
-Baby Mohr's appearance in this world
-Kaitlyn's wedding
-Dad's 50th birthday (woo hoo!)
-Jeff's 28th birthday
-Nebraska's first season in the Big 10 (plus baby's first Husker game but I think it would get annoying if I listed baby's first this and baby's first that so I'll leave it to the next one...)
-Baby's first everything

Seriously.Cannot.Wait.

Hope you all have a happy new year and enjoy the game tonight!  Go Huskers!

No comments: