I abandoned my everyday of thankfulness that I was doing. Just know that I am thankful for all my family, friends, and blessings I have in my life today and everyday. That should about cover it ;-)
The weekend after Thanksgiving was baptism weekend! Both Jeff and Keighan got baptized on the Saturday evening of T-giving weekend. It was really special and super cool that Jeff got to share that with Keighan. A huge thank you to all the family that made it, we packed that chapel! Just know, it is NEVER that full :) The after party was a bash. We had some yummy sandwiches, chips, veggies, and yummy cake. It was a lot of fun. A HUGE thanks to mom and dad for letting us use your house and to Annie for decorating and setting up! Couldn't have pulled it off without you guys!
Keighan is growing into a little man everyday. He sits on his own and army crawls everywhere. His favorite thing to do is try and catch the cat. When he does he ends up with huge handfuls of fur from grabbing and trying to climb on top of her :) He loves the Christmas tree and just stares at it when we get an up close look at it everyday. He is eating rice cereal now as we were desperate to try anything when he wasn't sleeping and we were trying to regulate my supply. Keighan loves cereal but don't dare make it with formula because he will hate it and will get angry. Keighan has never had formula except for about an 18 hour stretch of supplementation when he was like 4 days old since my milk wasn't coming in. So since I couldn't pump anything to make the cereal we made some formula to mix in from a sample pack we got and he absolutely hated it. I don't blame him. It smelled gross and tasted even worse. It's crazy how different mama milk and formula smells and tastes. I wonder if a formula fed baby would hate breastmilk if he/she got switched over after several months of only knowing formula. It would definitely catch them off guard I think. (Let me just clarify that I have nothing against formula fed babies and parents. I was just commenting on the difference of smell and taste between the two :) )
Keighan is REALLY interested in food. He will sit an STARE at you if you are eating. I feel like I'm teasing him when I eat. I would really like to start feeding him some food but the doc really wanted Keighan to make it to 6 months before having something other than cereal. Whatevs. We are almost there (15 more days!). That hasn't stopped us from giving him some tastes of things. He has tasted a banana, he has sucked on a green apple (and really liked it surprisingly), he has tried celery and hates it, he likes carrots, but his absolute favorite is sweet gherkin pickles. Odd child. He will sit and gnaw on a pickle as long as you are willing to hold it there for him. He loves it. The other night Jeff was letting him gnaw on one and all of a sudden Keighan popped his head off and he had actually gnawed all the way through the pickle and had a chunk in his mouth! That was scary and we got it out of there. Keighan wasn't sure what to do with it thank goodness, we are just so glad he didn't suck it down somehow. But you better believe when the 20th rolls around Keighan will be eating some sweet potatoes or bananas or something! He's ready!
Jeff is almost done with his class. He has one math problem to do and then he is DONE. YAY!!!! I am so excited because he will actually have about a month break until his next class. This will be his longest break from school he's had since he started. This will also be the longest stretch of time to hang out with Keighan he's had since starting school. So I'm looking forward to them bonding more and having a little more help ;-)
I am ridiculously excited for Christmas this year. I haven't been this excited in a long time. The lights are on in our house all the time and Christmas music has taken the place of TV or radio in this house. Last night Jeff and I watched our first Christmas movie- Christmas Vacation. I had never seen it which is a shame because it was hilarious. Good thing I bought it so I can now watch it every year! I'm done with Christmas shopping for everyone except Jeff, surprise surprise. Why are men so hard to shop for?! I want to Christmas shop for myself and basically just buy every Christmas movie I have yet to own. That's what I really want haha. I already bought Home Alone and Christmas Vacation this year so I'll probably wait until next year to buy a few more. However, I might go buy It's a Wonderful Life because Jeff has never seen it (crazy!) and I think that's a classic EVERYONE needs to see!
Okay and now for the onslaught of a bunch of pictures, what you all have been waiting for! Enjoy!
Practicing sitting
Happy bouncing boy!
My two favorite boys
1st time in the high chair
1st time with the cereal. He's a rice cereal monster!
Just trying to measure the TV stand. No big deal.
Cruisin at Grandma's house
Giving Elfie some love
Keighan and Trimble both got on to their backs
Corn headed baby
Climbing on top of his step stool aka Scrabble box
Whoops. It's sideways but this is their baptism cake.
Trying to keep warm in his new hoodie!
1 comment:
I love it that Keighan has his mouth open in nearly every picture. LOL.
Post a Comment