Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Love May

May is my absolute favorite month.  It's when the weather is juuuust right-- not too cold, not to disgustingly humid.  May has always been a time for me that things wind down and the opportunity to relax and enjoy things amps up (since I have spent my life in schools-- this is probably why).  I get in such a great mood when May rolls around and I'm so glad it's here!

We have so much going on this month and into next month.  I think I only have one weekend in the next two months that I don't have anything going on and that is in June.  We have graduations, birthdays, visiting friends, and parties going the next few months.  We are going to be some busy people!

I've been wanting to blog but just really haven't got much to say aside from the typical stuff.  So I figured I would take a little bit of time (I'm working on borrowed time of K's nap) and just update about each of the Mohr family members' happenings.

Keighan- Walking like a crazy person.  He's loving that it's nice enough to go outside and is learning how to walk in the grass now.  He loves playing with his bubble machine and we will blow up his pool again this week since it's going to be nice and hot/humid.  I've also noticed that his sleeping improves a lot when he is able to go outside.  Usually when he goes outside during the day, he'll sleep all night.  If he doesn't, it's very likely that he'll be screaming at me at 3:30.  But really guys, after everything we've been through with Keighan's sleeping, he's gotten SO MUCH BETTER.  He takes his morning nap and is now starting to take a semi-afternoon nap regularly.  I feel energized in the morning (after about 10 minutes of grogginess and grumpiness of being awake, ha) and I can finally picture having another baby sometime in my life.  Other things going on with the man: loves eating finger foods, hates purees-- he'll spit them on you, seriously, likes to rough house, throws things over his baby gate and off his high chair, quitting My Gym as he just can't do things there that make it worth the money, but he still goes to Wee-Joy-Sing which he loves.

Jeff-  He's half way through with his fourth class of grad school.  In 5 weeks, he'll be done and be done with his first year of grad school.  Yippee!  He'll get a month off before starting year 2.  He got to go to a bachelor party two weekends ago which he really enjoyed because his friends from out of town and state all came back to celebrate and he got to catch up with them.  He's taken some days off of work for this month and next month and we'll get to hang out and just enjoy each other's company because really, the class he has now is horrible and makes him soooo busy, it's hard to have a conversation with how busy he is.  I'm looking forward, and he is to, to having this class be over with.

Meg- I'm just doin' my thang.  Nothing new here.  I hang with the Keigs all day and try to take him on adventures which he usually could care less about unless he's allowed to walk around while we are at wherever we are at.  I'm eating good and feeling good and considering running the Seward Fourth of July 5k but I haven't looked that much into it and I don't even know if I have missed a registration or what.  Plus I haven't really ran recently but I think I could  do it anyway.  We'll see.  I'm reading The Lucky One right now and I'm really glad that I know Zac Efron is the main character in the movie because when I visualize the book, the way they described his character doesn't look like Zac Efron at all.  And I much prefer Efron.  I might have a semi-crush on him even though he's like 22.

Anyway, that's about it.  Sorry for the lame post, I just don't have anything real new going on here.  My dad comes in to town on Thursday which I'm super excited about.  I'm going to Omaha tomorrow with the fam.  Friday, my mom graduates.  Saturday, Keigs has a birthday party to go to.  Sunday my dad leaves so I have to get in some time with him.  Like I said, we are jammed pack with things going on.  I'll update when I get a chance and we have some fun things to blog about! :)

No comments: