Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Take 2

Well this afternoon I will be having an interview with the middle school I talked about earlier. I've been talking to the principal of the school I student taught at last year and sub at weekly about the position. He said that his "best friend" is going to be the acting principal there next semester and that maybe he could call him and put a bug in his ear for me. We kept talking and he asked me what classes I would be teaching. When I told him he looked at me in silence for a minute and then said "Son of a gun. That is his classes you are going to be taking over." So he said that his "best friend" will be in on the interview and he will for sure call him now. It's kind of cool having him look out for me like that and calling his friend but it's also kind of nerve racking because now I know that I will be taking over HIS classes and HIS best friend called to talk about me. It's kind of a little bit of added pressure to try and impress. Whatever. I am much more relaxed about this one than I was the last. Jeff thought I was crazy when I spent only about 30-45 minutes reviewing my answers last night and then just watched TV. Oh well!

I will update you all after the interview. Jeff's boss's boss is in town today with some other important man and Jeff and his office is entertaining them tonight so I don't know when he will be home. He's always gone for a long time when these type of people are in town. I don't mind, I just get jealous when he describes all the delicious foods he eats at these fancy places they put on the company's credit card... no fair :) I guess I will have to treat myself to something yummy tonight too!

No comments: