Thursday, January 22, 2009

Anniversary and Such

I know it has been forever since I've updated but honestly Jeff and I have nothing cool going on in our lives right now. Just the normal work, settling in to the apartment, hanging out thing that we always do.

We had our first wedding anniversary this Monday. It was fabulous! Jeff surprised me with baby roses and a replica of the top tier of our wedding cake. I have been telling him since our wedding day he would have to have a bite of the top tier on our anniversary. He fought me all the way. He took a picture in to Hy-Vee and asked if they could make the same cake/design/icing/size as a surprise for me on the day. So we retrieved the cake from my parent's house and it shrunk during its stay in the freezer and the icing turned kind of yellow but I am ALL for tradition. I was going to do it whether I liked it or not. So Jeff and I both took one bite, decided it wasn't too good, and then each had a slice of the yummy new cake. We couldn't even remember if we had a slice of cake at our wedding so we decided the cake must have tasted good because the one Jeff got was delicious and we were able to actually sit and enjoy it instead of running around trying to say hi to everyone/dance/normal wedding festivities.
During the day Jeff and I went to lunch at the Ville Grille and got those yummy chocolate milkshakes and food. We hadn't been there in forever and forgot how good it was! Then we went shopping for a while. I got a new shirt and some shoes. We came home and took afternoon naps (Jeff had work off because of MLKJr. day). That evening my super cute red pumps came in the mail (that was really exciting for me). Jeff gave me his gifts for me which was a copy of the book "Christy" because he heard that I have checked it out from the library 6 times and have not yet read it. He told me I could return it for a new book if I wanted, which is pretty funny. He also got me a "coupon book" In it I got: 3 coupons for 1 great big hug, 3 copuons to accept our differences, 3 coupons for doing the dishes, 3 coupons for a dinner out, 3 copuons for a game night, 1 coupon for going to the movies (he said he could only give me one because I don't have a good track record for picking movies... he's right), and 1 coupon for a magazine subscription of my choice. I have it down between US Weekly and Self. One is horrendous weekly gossip and the other would actually help with the weight loss track I'm on. However I think I'm going to go with the US Weekly and then just get Self as a gift to myself :) I got Jeff two books on poker playing that he had to pick out because he is way too difficult to pick things out for. Later on we went to the Olive Garden for dinner and that was delicious. Then we called it a night.
Thanks to all of you who sent anniversary wishes, they were all very much appreciated!

Tonight I have another meeting with the photographer. If you haven't heard about Carlton and my wedding photos ask mom or Robin because I HATE HATE HATE talking about it because it's just so FRUSTURATING. Anyway, hopefully after a few more meetings we can get things squared away. Keyword: hopefully.

Tonight I am also going out for Whitney's 23rd birthday party. I can't believe I am going to be 23 this year. It's ridiculous. I was thinking the other day that it has been 5 years this May since my high school graduation. Ridiculous. Time passes so fast.

Here are some pictures of the anniversary celebration:


New cake and roses:

New cake and old cake comparison:

The old cake. I don't know why it's cut in the middle like that. I like the old petals that mom decided to wrap up with the cake. Adds that extra touch:


The new cake. The designs are the same on this as they were on the side of my original cake:

The baby roses:

I was very happy to have two cakes:

Jeff was not.

He ate it and liked it. I made him do both.

Jeff was much happier with the new cake:

I liked it too:

The happily married couple one year later:

1 comment:

Ashley said...

your cake is making me hungry! cute pics, i love being able to keep up with what my meggers is up to these days :)