The snow has left our front yard (for now) and we couldn't be happier! To see the grass again is such an uplifting sight. Hopefully the snow stays away, the earth can come back to life, and we can enjoy the sunshine and warm weather soon!
Last weekend Jeff and Michael became handymen and they installed four outlets in the basement. We had a few already but they are used to the sump pump and workout TV. The extra outlets allow us to "live" in the basement a bit easier. This summer they will really come in handy for staying cool downstairs and watching some TV. We are on the hunt for a couch and a rug now (if anyone knows anyone ;-) ) I will upload some pics once Blogger decides it wants to cooperate.
The past week I subbed at a few schools. I went back to West Lincoln for the first time since I swore it off in 2007. My first subbing job was at this school. It is not in a great part of town, the kids were terrible, and I had kids taller than me getting up in my face angry. So needless to say, I didn't ever want to go back. I decided that since I have a lot more experience now and I'm more confident in myself I should try it out again. I was in a first grade room which isn't intimidating and the kids were pretty good considering the circumstances (ELL, lots of pulling out for reteaching, behavior problems, etc.) I had a practicum student in the class with me which I've come to discover as useless. I've been in more classrooms in the past two months that have had student teachers/ practicum students that do NOTHING to help me out (which is the point of them being there). So I struggle to find things on my own when the struggle shouldn't be there. Anyway, long story short-- West Lincoln wasn't terrible the second time around but it's definitely not a school I enjoy going to. I also went to Culler (terrible terrible middle schoolers!!) and Eastridge which I've always enjoyed going to.
Yesterday, Jeff and I went to Omaha to visit his parents and his friend. I've been coloring my hair a lot more recently because if you don't already know-- I have a lot of white hairs. This began in high school and they have slowly taken over a good majority of my head! I usually do a color a bit darker than my natural but nothing too obvious. I wanted to try something new but I was really hesitant about it. I wanted a little more red in my hair but when the time came to buy the dye, I was going to stick with my regular color (I'm not one to take many risks). Jeff convinced me to buy the other-- probably because he was tired of hearing me talk about wanting something other than what I always buy. Well, yesterday I made my mother-in-law color my hair this "reddish brown" color and it was probably a mistake. The hair is red. Not reddish brown. I will not do this color again! I'm not too worried about it because I always do the wash out kind of hair color (because again I don't like to take the risks of the permanent). I know that some dyes don't always completely wash out but I'm sure hoping this one does. If not, I can always dye it the color I am used to and that I like. But at least I took the chance which I'm not used to doing and I know not to do this one again!
Anyway, we hung with his parents for a while and then visited with his friend Kyle for a while too. We went to Zios for dinner and then headed to Council Bluffs to play at the casinos for a little bit. I won $2.80 in the penny slots (whoop whoop!). I played roulette for a while. At one point I was up $20 and knew I should quit. I knew it. But I kept hitting and so I figured I should keep going since I was getting so lucky. Well... by the time all was said and done I was down $10. So for only a loss of $7.20 for the night, I didn't do very much damage. If only I would have quit :-)
This week is Saint Patrick's day. I hope to make it to Offutt with my mom to do some shopping. Jeff also purchased some hockey tickets through work for that evening so we will be spending time at the ice rink that night. We are getting really excited about going down to Oklahoma in about a week and a half. It should be a lot of fun to see family and friends :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment