Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Little Things

Over the past few weeks I've really tried to slow down and just enjoy living in the present and enjoying the little things. Here are a few that I've experienced lately that I've just been like, "Ahhh this is nice."

- Getting some jobs for working. I've gotten more jobs in the past month (mid Feb- now) than I have most of the year. It's great. I'm thankful for every opportunity I get.

- I was on my way to a school last week. The sun was up and out already at 6:50 on my way to work which was AWESOME. And then to add to the amazingness-- Hootie and the Blowfish came on the radio. I love them so much! It was their old school "Hold Your Hand" song and it was perfect to listen to and enjoy the sunshine on my day to work. While enjoying the greatness I spilled my coffee on me not once but twice because our dumb cup has a leaking problem. But even though that happened, I was still really happy and enjoying my sun and music.

- Today in an attempt to get motivated to work out I made a new "workout playlist" for my ipod. My itunes has been less than friendly for months and wouldn't transfer about 15 songs that I've purchased on to my ipod because "my computer is not authorized" which is baloney since this is the only computer I download music to and use itunes on. Anyway, I've always figured that those 15 songs were gone since they wouldn't load or even play on my computer. Today while I was loading the new playlist on to my ipod the computer asked me to authorize my computer (which it always does and then tells me that it's not authorized and won't load the 15 purchased songs). But this time, I went through the same ol' motions of authorizing it and it worked and I now have those 15 songs back! Hooray!

- It has been sunny for the past couple days and it has been wonderful. I open the shades bright and early each morning and even though it's like 17 degrees out to start the day I still pretend that it's nice and warm out and the sun is shining. Everyday the snow melts a little more too which I LOVE to see happening.

So those are just a few of many things I've tried to slow down and enjoy the past few weeks.

In other news,

Not a lot has been happening. Just working some and doing the same ol' thing. Michael is coming into town this weekend and he and Jeff will be working on wiring some of the basement. We only have two outlets down there-- one for the sump pump and one for the tredmill and workout tv. It'll be nice to have some more down there so this summer maybe we can set up a tv and a couch or something down there and stay cool during the day when it's hot. (If anyone has a couch they want to get rid of let me know!) We'll also grill out this weekend since it's supposedly supposed to have a high of 50 degrees. That sounds crazy to be excited for but man, when's the last time we saw anything close to that in the past several months?

In a few weeks, Jeff, Katie, and I will be going down to visit Sean and Katie. That'll be a nice vacation from Lincoln and a time to reconnect with friends and family. We are all really excited for that.

Jeff and I are also excited about finding out the "wave of babies 2010"s genders. It seems like all of the couples are finding out the sex of their babies so it's exciting. We know that Heather is having a little boy. Lindsey will find out on Friday, Sean and Katie next month, and Michael and Darci should probably be able to find out in May. My cousin Kayla is due this month as well I think so there will be a little boy on that side of my family as well.

This was partly an update and partly a distraction from having to work out. But I must go do it, it's been a while. Enjoy your sunshiny day and happy birthday to Ashley! :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Thanks sugar!! That was a nice little surprise at the end of your blog :) Made me smile! I've been enjoying the sunshine down here too. Isn't it amazing how just by the sun coming out things are just better and happier! Yay for spring!! PS I have to point out that I always appreciate your correct grammar in your blogs, lol. It drives me nuts when people say, "Him and Jeff are going here.." or whatever. LOL!