There are several reasons why I have failed at updating the blog in over a month:
1. My computer is a horrible machine and I don't like having to constantly fight with him. If I have to do anything on this thing I have to make sure to have a large window of time to sit around on my behind and watch the hourglass cursor. Think circa 1993 computers. That's how I feel working with this one.
2. I was really busy the last half of April and the first part of May. It's an excuse.
3. I have been ill since May 4th. Yes, I know the exact date. I have not been friends with my body this month.
So there are my few but true excuses. Even as I am writing this I am getting very mad at the computer as my "enter" key will not work and my cursor is jumping all over the page. Grrr... This may not be a very long post.
Sean and Katie came to visit for the first part of May. It was so nice to see them especially since Sean just got back from Africa and Katie is making Ally grow very nicely! We had a fun baby shower for Katie where family from both sides got to come which was really nice for Sean and Katie because they probably haven't seen all of them since their wedding. We played a little guess the number of candies in the bottle as a pre game waiting for people to show up. Then we played the crepe paper guess how big around Katie is game. We played "The Price is Right" with baby items and we played a couple rounds of "Baby Scattegories". Then we had a little "Newlyweds" type game where I interviewed Sean with questions about baby Ally's future and Katie had to try and guess what Sean would say. It was really fun and I think that was just about everyone's favorite part of the shower. Little Ally got spoiled with many wonderful gifts and there were yummy desserts eaten (thank you Jeanna!). We all had a really good time and thank you to those who helped me pull it off!!
I've been battling this nasty cold/virus for a while now. It started out as a little stomach ache which I thought was no big deal. But then it became this nasty stuffy nose, terrible headache, stomach ache, disgusting cough, complete fatigue that I've dealt with the majority of the time. Now I'm to the point where I just have the gross cough, a slight headache, and I get really tired starting at like 8. I just have no energy. I worked some throughout this sickness and that probably didn't help me. The kids at school are ready for summer and they are super unruly and just a pain to deal with. I talked to one of the teachers I subbed for and she said she had to yell at her kids because a. they were awful with me (which doesn't tend to happen when I'm in her class) and b. they were being awful with her too. I am going there tomorrow so hopefully the kids will be scared by her threats and treat me well :)
My birthday was really nice. I celebrated with my family on Wednesday because Dad had to work on my actual birthday. We had some BBQ chicken sandwiches, fries, beans, and angel food cake. We usually have an actual BBQ on my birthday but it's been so darn cold here for May that we couldn't do it this year. On my actual birthday Jeff took me out for bagels and coffee for breakfast. I did a little shopping with a gift card I got from my parents at Barnes and Noble. We came home and Jeff let me open my presents. I got an i Tunes gift card which is pretty much all used up except for about $4 which I will be spending tomorrow when the new Glee CD comes out. (Seriously, if anyone ever needs to buy me a gift-- i Tunes, I have no trouble spending those babies) I also got the first season of Glee which is what I really wanted (and have already re-watched a few times). I got a few more things as well. We spent the afternoon watching Glee, Party Down, and a movie. I don't really like going all out on celebrating and I love just taking it easy and watching movies, it's like my favorite hobby. So I thoroughly enjoyed myself. We had some wings for dinner and had some cookies and creme cake that we shared with my mom and Kaitlin. We went to Iron Man 2 in the evening and called it a night. It was a really good birthday :) I got sick in the middle of the night and Jeff came into the bathroom to rub my back and he said, "Well, at least it isn't your birthday anymore." I had to laugh. My sickness did let up for my birthday and then came back with a vengeance at 4 in the morning the next day.
I was planning on going to Montana this week to attend my cousin's baby shower. But since I've been so sick I decided it was best not to go. And even though I am disappointed I couldn't go, there are a lot of good things happening this week. I'm working half a day tomorrow. I am so excited to be almost done with subbing but it is a little bittersweet to leave the ladies I've been subbing for since the beginning of 2008. My wonderful mama's birthday is on Friday and we are celebrating it on Thursday. I was invited to one of Jeff's coworker's party on Friday... it's a girl's only party so I'm a little nervous for it since I barely know anyone but it should be a good time. Jeff's friend Kyle may be coming in to town on Saturday to hang out. And on Sunday my sister-in-law is having a baby shower here in Lincoln for my little nephew. So I'm glad I am here for all of that and in between times I can rest and relax and hope to get better soon!
I'm done fighting with blogger/the internet/this piece of worthlessness computer. Until next time...
2 comments:
I love that you watch Glee... I would expect nothing less from my one friend who loves gay stuff as much as I do lol! And happy happy birthday! Welcome to the fine age of 24 :)
I hope you are feeling better soon Meagan~we missed seeing you this trip; but there is always next time. :-)
Post a Comment