I have a fabulous husband. As if you didn't know.
We were talking on Monday while we were both at work and I told him that that could have been my last day teaching ever (I'm giving up subbing if you haven't been following the drama, I still need a teaching job by August if I'm going to continue teaching, I have a sub job tomorrow so now tomorrow may be my last day ever teaching). Anyway, it wasn't a big deal just a comment I made.
Well Jeff came home at 4:00 that afternoon which is early for him. I didn't know what was going on and was a little worried when I heard the garage door, thinking something may be wrong. Jeff walked in with a bouquet of red roses and some peanut butter cup cookies. I was pleasantly surprised (and my belly was happy). He told me that he recognized how hard I've busted my behind the past 2 1/2 years to get a permanent position at a school and that he really appreciated all the effort I had put into it and he knew it wasn't easy for me. Then he took me out on a date! We went to Famous Dave's for dinner. Which might not seem like a "date" place but anything where we don't eat at home is considered a date these days :) We ate until we were completely stuffed. We stopped by the candy store to visit Annie since we were a little early for our movie we were going to watch. We ended up going to the movie shortly after talking with Annie. We saw MacGruber. Yes, we saw it and it was hilarious. If you like SNL and that kind of humor it was good. There were only 4 other people in the theater with us and they were couples as well. I think they were both on dates or something because there were some super hilarious parts where Jeff and I were busting up laughing and these two couples were not laughing. They were kind of parts where you have to be really comfortable around the other person to make it "okay" to laugh at. Jeff and I enjoyed the movie if no one else in the theater did :) It was a great date. Thank you Jeff!
In other news, finding a job is hard work! I literally sat at my computer for a full work day yesterday trying to find jobs and places I wouldn't mind working. Before when I wasn't feeling as much pressure to find a job it seemed incredibly easy and there were opportunities that I easily found. But now that I need a job soon, I can't find anything. It stinks. I was really frustrated at like 5:00 yesterday afternoon when I gave up on the search for the day. Oh well, today is a new day of searching.
In more fun news, Jeff and I are finally going to start looking for a new computer. This one is 6 years old and probably needs to retire soon considering we can't do a whole lot on it. Hooray for new computers!
1 comment:
What a great hubby :) I can't wait to see MacGruber! I know if ya'll liked it we will!
Post a Comment