Friday, July 23, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

This week has definitely been the hottest so far of summer.  Heat indexes of 105+.  It's been disgusting and not a lot has been going on from the fear of stepping outside and melting like the wicked witch of the west.

I've seen on a lot of blogs that the writers do a "top 5 Friday" or "5 for Friday" where they just list their top five highlights for the past week or the week ahead so I figured with so little going on maybe I'll do this and hope I can get to five :)

Fab Five Friday 

1.  Volleyball-- This Sunday marked the first game we have ever won!  It was pretty exciting considering the other team was 6-0 and we were 3-3 (though technically probably 0-6 because the team we played the previous week didn't show up so we won by forfeit).  We joined the non-competitive league on purpose because most of us fail at volleyball and just wanted to have a good team but man, the team we played and beat were so mad.  They thought we cheated and I don't even know how that's possible but we got a good laugh out of their excuses anyway.

2.  Toy Story 3-  I saw this movie for the second time in two weeks yesterday.  It is so cute and, aside from the fact that I think every Disney movie is amazing, it truly was good.  Takes me back to 1995 (holy cow, I'm old) to when I was 9 and the first one came out.  Now I'm 24 and still love it just as much.

3.  Football-  Okay, I admit for a girl I'm kind of football crazy.  The college football media days have started and I currently have it on TV while I am typing this out.  Auburn is on now.  I cannot WAIT for football season to get here.  I've got my new clothes (yes, I buy new football clothes each year) though technically I still need a new Nebraska shirt (but don't tell Jeff, he thinks I'm crazy to buy new Husker/Sooner clothes each year).  I'm ready for warm days, cool nights, football on TV all day Saturday, a nice cold beer, and a nice steamy bowl of queso.  Please September 4th get here FAST.

4.  Topper Popper- I've been here 3 times this week.  Need I say more?  (Other than a busted diet)

5.  Diet-  Other than 3 "go-balls" and my lunch of funyuns yesterday I've been doing pretty good with this new diet.  It's nothing too strict or anything.  I wouldn't be able to stick to it that way.  It's basically just incorporating lots and lots of veggies and fruits.  Sounds easy enough and it is.  You can eat as much as you want (of the veggies, fruits are still high in sugar even though yes I realize it's natural) which doesn't turn out to be much cause you fill up fast and you aren't hungry later.  I've eliminated cereal which has been a very good thing.  If you haven't had oatmeal with frozen blueberries-- I would suggest trying it (love!).  College reeked havoc on my body and it's been nice to work on getting back to a healthy natural diet.  Yes, I realize I graduated 2 1/2 years ago :)

So there it is-- this week's top 5.  There's a lot on the agenda for the next few days: more volleyball, dad's 49th birthday, a trip to and back from Wayne State college (I'm sure I'll have a blog about that one), and a party tomorrow at Jeff's friends house at which I should be able to see Charlie (yay!).  Ally, please hurry up and get here and then move to Nebraska because all these little babies are so dang adorable and I want you near me when you decide to show up too!  Or you can stay in Oklahoma but you have to come visit me often. :)

No comments: