Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Boring-ness

I know many people have been telling me to update my blog (even Jeff even though he already knows everything that's up with me) but really my life is SUPER BORING right now.  There is nothing to talk about!

Work is going well still.  I LOVE the people I work with.  I don't know what I would do if I didn't have the lovely para ladies I do.  I would go insane.  My kids are okay.  They have gotten a little more mouthy now that they have settled into school.  I've noticed my patience runs a little thinner with them the past couple weeks because they have been so naughty!  When I tell them to do things, I get answers like, "No.", "No, I don't want to.", "No, thanks."  Like they have a choice!  Psh.  They've met "I don't care if you want to, you are going to do it  Mrs. Mohr"  and they respond very well to her.

Some things that have happened the past couple of weeks at school:

- There is a boy at school who likes to talk to me in the mornings about all the books he's reading and things he likes to do at home, and basically his whole life story (minus one major part, but we'll get there).  Well in fourth grade we trade classes back and forth for a lot of different subjects and I basically sit in one room for the morning because it's easier for my kids not to trade back and forth.  We have math and then some kids switch out for spelling/reading.  So this little boy comes into the room I'm in every morning.  There are times when I'm scanning the kids in the room and I'll smile at him if he looks at me like I do with any other kid that I know.  I realized that sometimes, even if he was really excited to talk to me in the morning, he would give me a weird look if I'd try to smile at him or make eye contact.  I didn't get it.  I wondered what his problem was.  Well, I figured out what his problem was when his teacher called him a different name than the one I knew him by.  Yeah, identical twin.  The other boy had switched out of the class for spelling/reading.  So, this kid probably thought I was a creeper when in reality I had no clue that it wasn't the same boy.  And no, I'm not observant enough to notice that they were wearing different clothes.

- I learned that just because your kid is in kindergarten doesn't necessarily mean they can always make it to the bathroom in time.  I've had to escort two kids to the nurse recently because they raise their hands, tell me they have to go to the bathroom, I tell them to go and they literally go.  Right there.  In their pants.  It's a delight.  One little boy asked me on the way to the nurse "Do I have to get a shot because I peed my pants?"  Poor little thing was scared of what was awaiting him -- which was just a dry pair of sweats and undies and the sweet granny nurse telling him so kindly that it's okay.

- My fourth grade girl hates it when my hair is in front of my shoulders.  She only likes it when it is all behind my shoulders and going down my back.  And since I wear my hair down nearly everyday it makes it hard.  At first I thought it was kind of cute that my "hair looks weird" and she tries to fix it for me.  But once I started hearing it multiple times a morning, mornings in a row-- it is driving me insane.  But with the gray hair Aunt Donna so graciously passed down to me, if I put my hair in a pony tail my skunk tail of gray shows and so I endure the annoying-ness of "your hair looks weird" comments almost daily.

- There is one little boy in kindergarten who we call the "doctor" because he's one of those kids that know the answers to anything and everything.  He is just too cute but also drives us all insane with his "know all".  Well, a funny little story from him...  He went up to another para and this conversation followed:

Doctor- "You don't look so good."
Para- "Well,  I don't feel so good."
Doctor- "Yeah, I know what you mean.  I didn't feel good last night but I don't want to talk about it."
Para-  "Oh, did you throw up?"
Doctor- "No.  I had diarrhea.  I couldn't control my butt."

The conversation was left at that between him and the morning para.  Later that same morning, this happened:

::Doctor intently raising his hand while teacher is teaching::
::Teacher trying to ignore hand during teaching time::
::Doctor continuing to raise hand throughout entire lesson until teaching is done.::

Teacher- "Yes, do you have a question?"
Doctor- "Um, I have a problem but I don't want to get in trouble for it."
Teacher- "Well, what is your problem?"
Doctor- "I have a hash mark in my pants."
Teacher (choking back laughs)- "Well, how 'bout you go see the nurse to help you out with that."

That's right folks.  A hash mark.  And he said this in front of his class and three adults.  When this was told in the teacher's lunch room we could hardly stand it.  Maybe it's one of those had to be there moments but I still think it's funny so I thought I would pass it on.  I know it's potty humor but as Jeff always tells me, I haven't grown out of that stage yet.

Well I know this isn't much but as I said, nothing is happening.  I will have a new post tomorrow (believe it or not!) I just can't find my camera cord currently and I need to upload a pic for the next post.  Check back tomorrow!

1 comment:

~Heather said...

I'm laughing my butt off!!! Apparently I haven't grown out of that stage either!!!