We went on a hospital tour on Saturday to see where we will be delivering. We have another hospital we could tour but we are going to stay at the one we toured because that's where 95% of the babies are born that go to my doctor. It has one of the best NICUs in the country and is the only one in the country with accreditation and certification for compliance with exceptional standards. That's good enough reason for me. Every delivery room comes with the basics as well as a pull out couch for dad, tv/dvd/ipod players, wifi, and a jacuzzi behind french doors. The room I'd stay in after has a queen size bed, a pull out bed, a rocker, and room for baby to stay in the room with us. It seems like it'll be a pretty nice experience. They even showed us what the baby's first outfit will be and it was a tiny little white t-shirt and gender specific hat. So cute, so tiny. We are pretty excited.
We also took some time and signed up for lamaze classes and a breastfeeding class. Those won't start until March but I'm looking forward to them still. There is a pregnancy/post pregnancy exercise class they offer also but I haven't yet decided if I want to do that one, though it sounds like a good idea.
I had my midway appointment today. I have gained just about exactly what they wanted me to gain by 20 weeks. I'm one pound under but I still have a week to go, I'll make it up ;-) I've had an incredible appetite the past few weeks and so baby is probably enjoying all the food.
We got to see a gelatin-like baby of what a 20 week baby looks like. It is so big (and so small) at the same time. It's cool to have a tangible object to hold in your hand and look at since we can't do that with Mr./Mrs. Pat. The midwife told me that my belly is a "nice looking belly" which makes me feel good that I'm looking like I should be. It's different to be gaining weight on purpose and watching your clothes slowly shrink. I'm cool with it because I like watching myself get bigger but it's weird too.
We got to have our ultrasound which was a lot of fun. We got to see every part (except the important one!) and get measurements and that sort of thing. The tech said that Baby has long fingers and currently weighs 9 ounces. She said Baby is measuring spot on so we won't have to change the due date. Baby is currently breech (taking after daddy) but it's absolutely nothing to worry about until the last few weeks. Baby was wiggling around but not cooperatively for her measurements of the heart. So he/she is still a wiggly worm and shy of the camera. Baby wouldn't even give us a profile picture so we have two pictures that are face forward the camera. It looks like a skull mask for Halloween (sorry Baby) so Baby definitely wanted to say "cheese" at least.
I've been feeling Baby moving around for the past week or so. It's really a strange feeling. Sometimes it feels like an eye twitch but inside the belly. Other times it feels like a really soft vibrating setting for your cell phone but inside your belly. That's the best way I've found to describe it so far. I don't feel him/her for very long when I do feel it but it's really exciting when I do get to feel it.
The only downside of pregnancy I've been dealing with is a yucky rash that is incredibly itchy and annoying. Sometimes it wakes me up in the middle of the night and I have to put more aquaphor on it. Today they said it was eczema and there is really nothing to do for it as we want to try and stay away from cortisone creams. Oh well. I'll deal, just for Pat :)
Here are all the picture with captions since I wouldn't know what the heck I was looking at if no one explained it to me...
Here is the rash on my legs and arm. This is looking A LOT better than what it has been. I can't even shave my legs on the rash because it irritates it so much.
19 week belly
Say "cheese" Baby! These two pictures are of the head face on to the camera. You might be able to make out the skull. That's our baby :)
Here are two little feet. The one on the right is harder to see than the one on the left.
Here is baby's spine. The only body part he/she wanted to show us cooperatively.
Center right are the long fingers of Pat.
And because Baby wouldn't give us a profile picture, here is Pat at 14 weeks back in December. You can't see the legs/feet because baby decided to pretend to be clogging. So, it's the best we got.
And that's our little baby. We love him/her sooo much :)






No comments:
Post a Comment