As much as I like to pretend that I don't care for cheerleading and it doesn't mean much to me anymore, I know it's a lie. I've always loved my cheerleading days and have day dreamed of coaching cheerleaders since I graduated high school. I was so happy when Annie made the cheer squad three years ago, I could watch her do what I loved doing and kind of get to relive it a little.
This year she's a senior and there is no one left for me to watch and analyze cheers and chants in my head. It's really kind of sad and pathetic at the same time. Yesterday was the Nebraska State Cheer and Dance Competition and East competed in it. They were competing in two divisions and I got to spend my day watching cheering and dancing and I was secretly pretty pumped about it.
Her squad did a great job in both divisions. They got runner up in the sideline division which was awesome. They didn't place in the other division although they did AMAZING. We were dumbfounded when they announced the winners for that division. It stunk.
There were some great squads there and it was fun to see Class A and B's differences and range of abilities. Here are some other cool and/or interesting happenings from yesterday:
-There was an announcement over the sound system in the morning asking for an athletic trainer. About 2 minutes later another announcement asking for so-and-so's parents to come behind the black curtain and if there were any nurses or doctors in the building to come as well. Mom went back and it turns out that a girl who was about to perform suffered a seizure and hit her head when she went down. My mom was able to help out and figure out the story of what happened. My mom the hero <3
-We went to a sports grill for lunch called Balz. Yes, pronounced "balls". The girls got a kick out of it. The grill's slogan is "Why have hooterz when you can have Balz?" and they answer the phone "You've got Balz." Yes it's potty humor, but that's my favorite kind so I was cool with it. And they make a yummy grilled cheese and waffle fries so I was happy.
-Baby spent all day dancing to the music. Poor thing didn't get any rest yesterday. Baby has been pretty mellow today without much movement, I think he/she is making up for some lost sleep time :)
I plan on updating the blog with a few more posts from the past week but right now it's rainy out and lunch time. After that it's snuggle under a blankie and watch a movie time. And I'm kind of wanting to do that a little more than writing my other blog post ideas. But, for real, I WILL post at least 2-3 more blogs by Tuesday night. Promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment