So usually I'm at work right now but thanks to the weather going from cold to warm, cold to warm, and every child sick at school, I'm home sick in bed today. I probably could have made it to work but I'd be breathing out of my mouth all day, popping tylenol for my headaches, popping life savers for my throat, and acting crazy because of lack of sleep. For the past several nights I wake up in the middle of the night unable to breathe out of my nose and I don't sleep very well as a mouth breather. Since decongestants are a no-no for pregnancy I spent the hours of 2:30-4:30 laying awake in bed debating about whether to get up and watch my DVR'd episode of Survivor since trying to sleep was getting me no where. And it always happens that when you finally are able to fall asleep, your alarm goes off 20 minutes later. Which is how it felt this morning and Jeff (poor guy I kept him up with me I think) told me to call in sick because neither one of us wanted me at work today. So after attempting to fall back asleep after my alarm clock went off, I'm still laying awake in bed and have decided I need to do something other than stare at the wall and wish for sleep. Hopefully it will come at some point today.
I have officially entered the last trimester of my pregnancy. And while I'm incredibly excited, I'm starting to get just a bit nervous too. I finally realized it will never be just me and Jeff again and that we will be responsible for this little life all the time when sometimes I don't think we can take care of ourselves! It's nothing dramatic or anything I really fear but I think it's just finally hitting that this is it. Less than 3 months and a little baby will be with us forever. It's definitely exciting.
Along with the third trimester have come the most symptoms I've had all pregnancy. The list is still terribly small and I'm not complaining because from what I understand I've had one of the easiest pregnancies so far. I've been dealing with some swelling of tissue in my nose (this is my own diagnosis) leaving the nose breathing even harder for me. I've had some bad Charlie horses that wake me up and hurt like heck and sometimes I feel like my foot and leg will be frozen in the pain lock forever. I have a belly that itches like crazy and that first trimester fatigue has started to come back.
Baby, from what I can tell, is doing just fine. He/she moves like crazy and my belly shakes and distorts and does all kind of funky stuff while baby is moving away. One thing I know I'm already going to miss is feeling the little thing move all the time. Baby is going to get bigger and space is going to get smaller and pretty soon he/she won't be in there at all. It'll be weird to have my body back and alone. We have our next appointment on St. Patrick's Day (and my glucose test) so wish me and baby luck on that.
Last night, Jeff and I started one of two birthing classes. We went to breastfeeding class last night and will have Lamaze tonight. Breastfeeding class was incredibly informative and I definitely learned a lot and it's a good thing I went. We are planning on nursing the baby and without this information I think it would have been really hard to know what to do. It's not as easy as just whipping things out and putting baby on. We have one more of these classes next week.
Lamaze is a 6 week class and I'm really excited for it. As a lot of you know, I really want to have the baby naturally (no drugs). I'm definitely not closing the door to meds, I'm not that crazy. But it's so much better for the baby and for the mama if you don't use them and I think Lamaze will help a lot. I watch that show "One Born Every Minute" sometimes which is about one of the busiest maternity wards in the nation and they have a 90% epidural rate and St. E's has a 60% which they contribute to their Lamaze classes and prepping so I think it will go well. Plus, maybe we'll make some parents-to-be friends or at least meet some people going through the same thing we are in our local area.
Next week is spring break. Thank goodness. This job is definitely not a career job and I can't wait for it to be over. Not that I don't like it, I actually do. And the people are amazing. But I have more important things on my mind and that are coming up right after this job is done that I'm looking forward to. I already have a countdown of how many work days are left and I think it's only like 48 or so. I just can't wait to be home with my little one and become a full time mommy.
We are planning on going down to Oklahoma next Wednesday through Sunday, as it is one of the last times I can travel and we miss the people down there. So get excited Oklahoma people because this big mama is headed your way!
All right, I suppose I should feed the baby some breakfast (sorry Pat, only 2 hours later than usual) and then try and conk out if possible and get over this nastiness. Everyone have a happy Tuesday :)
No comments:
Post a Comment