I know I haven't updated in several weeks. I haven't forgotten about it, it's just hard for me to find the time to sit and write. We had a good March that passed by very quickly. Makes me wonder how fast April and May will go by. There is so much on the calendar in May already, I know it'll fly. I'm just going to make some headings and organize this blog that way to make it easier.
Doctor Appointments
We have hit the point where we are going every 2 weeks now. When I was 27 weeks I had my appointment with the glucose and hemoglobin test. If you know me, you know I can't do needles. I LOOOOVE my midwife because the two tests were just finger prick tests and didn't hurt at all. My numbers were great and I can continue to eat lots of yummy fruit and carbs for the rest of my pregnancy ;-) I had a doctor's appointment this past week and Mom and Katie got to come since Jeff couldn't get off work. I got weighed, blood pressure checked, belly measured, and baby's heartbeat listened to. All the numbers were good and I'm right on track. I've been having a lot of pressure on my right side and my midwife was able to tell me that the baby was head down, bottom up, but turned so that arms and legs are facing my right side. So whenever that baby moves, I feel it all the way on the side and my belly is often distorted and misshapen.
Baby
I am just shy of completing my 30th week so only 10 weeks left to go. It's crazy. I remember when I turned 20 weeks and I was like, "The number of weeks I have to wait is now less than the number of weeks I am!" Now I'm like, "The number of weeks I have to wait is going to be in the single digits!" There's really nothing I can say after that because baby comes at the end of those single digits. Craziness.
I've been walking around this week with a lower half in pain. My back hurts (haven't you all heard that one before?) but it does. My hips give me pain at night and I'm working out a plan on making that stop. And I have been getting bad Charlie horses at night. Usually they just hurt and I wake up and am able to shake it off. But Tuesday night I had the worst one I've ever had in my life. It woke me up out of my sleep and I was moaning and yelling. I think I scared Jeff a bit but my leg completely locked up and I was pretty much paralyzed from the pain of it. Jeff massaged it the best he could until the lock came off and it was just a throbbing pain. That was Tuesday. It is now Saturday morning and I am still sore from that darn Charlie horse. It's ridiculous. So the past couple days at work I've felt like a gimp because I have, what I like to call, my "bum leg", my hurting him (the leg and hip are on opposite sides), and my back hurts. I feel like I just drag my lower half along with me as I work.
I'm up pretty early for a weekend but baby decided to wake me up today (as she/he often does). But the baby was doing what felt like log rolls back and forth across the front of my belly and then scooting itself up and squishing my lung and then kicking me in the ribs. You may think I'm exaggerating but that is exactly what it felt like. So baby thought it was play time and I woke up feeling like the little bugger was trying to beat me up. It's still doing the inching up and kicking thing now. I love this little person :) Can we fast forward 10 weeks?!
Birthing Classes
We finished our breastfeeding class last week and it was so great to take. I wasn't sure we needed it when we signed up but thankfully Jeff pressed it a little bit and we did do it. Like I said in my last post, it is not an easy task and without it, I think I would have been a bit lost. I feel a lot more confident about my ability to do it by going through that class. For those of you non-mommies or non-BFing mommies I would suggest you take this class the next time/first time you are pregnant if it's something you want to do. Because it was very informative and helpful and I'm not even there yet!
Lamaze has been a mixed experience so far. The first two weeks we had a "sub" as our other teacher had taken vacation. She was a terrible teacher and didn't even talk about what we were supposed to. Instead she got off on these long tangents about nothing (ie traveling to visit her brother, trying to tell jokes, etc). She wasted a lot of time and Jeff and I learned very little. It was very irritating and we could tell that the other couples felt similar to us.
Our real teacher came back this week and taught her first class with us. She is the complete opposite of our sub. She is lively and active and puts as much information out there as possible while still being fun. She is really hilarious and there were times when I found myself in that weird "Oh that was hilarious and I can't stop laughing but everyone else has stopped laughing so I have to be serious but I'm still thinking about it and want to laugh out loud" moments. Please tell me you've been there too. She kind of reminds me of Chelsea Handler as far as looks go and kind of like Leslie Mann in humor. Kind of. She's hard to explain. But anyway, she kept asking us if the sub covered this and the sub covered that and we felt bad but had to keep saying no because we had no idea what she was talking about otherwise. So our teacher covered three weeks worth of material in our class this week. We are so glad to have her now.
There are about 8 other couples in our class. Most of them are around or a few years older than Jeff and myself. We do have a teenager in there with her mom. Her baby's daddy came this past week and you could just tell he was a loser. He wouldn't get down and help his baby's mama when we were practicing birthing positions and breathing and all this stuff. He just sat on the ottoman and watched as the teacher came over to help. Lame. There is one other girl who is also going to the same clinic I am so it's nice to be able to talk about the midwifes with her and we've been told that we kind of get catered to a bit more by our practitioners than the mommies with actual doctors do. So we feel good about that :)
Oklahoma
Last week Jeff and I went down to Oklahoma to visit for the last time before baby's arrival. It was really nice to get away especially since it was nice weather and was actually acting like Spring. A season that seems to be M.I.A. in Nebraska. We got to spend lots of time with the beautiful Ally and her mommy. And with some of my bestest friends. The trips always go way to fast and I never feel like I spent enough time with everyone. Little Ally makes it hard to feel like you get enough time with her because she is just growing so fast! It was a really good trip and we hope to make it down with little Pat sometime this late summer/fall time.
Work
Work is going well. I am ready for it to be over but that's more because that means it's baby time. My kids have made crazy progress over the year and I'm really proud of them. It's still hard to work with them sometimes and I'm a lot slower at getting around and doing things than I was at the beginning of the year but overall there isn't much to complain about. I do have a daily countdown for myself and I think there is like 39 days of work left and only 37 of those days are with kids in the building. Something close to that anyway so I can't really complain.
Rants
I only have two rants to talk about today ;-)
1. The staff bathroom. At work there is one bathroom for the staff to use. It is a one toilet room with the sink and all that. Being pregnant I frequent the bathroom probably close to once an hour. Will someone please tell me why it's okay to take a poop at work and make the bathroom reek? Do you NOT have time to do that at home and/or WHERE do you find the time to do that at work? Of course, I never catch whoever you are doing it but I always seem to use the bathroom right after you and get to smell your nastiness with all my superhuman pregnancy nose skills. And of course there is always someone waiting to use the bathroom after me so they probably think I'm the one pooping up the place. Seriously. It stinks. It's gross. Do it at home.
2. New and expectant mother parking. I should be very grateful that we have two of these spots at our grocery store. They are very nice and useful especially now that I've gotten a lot bigger and the weather hasn't gotten nice yet. But when you come and park your piece of crap car in the spot, get out, and you are a MAN or you are a stupid TEENAGER and I have to park way in the back of the lot because there are NO OTHER SPOTS, I get a little ticked. I mean I am nearly 8 months pregnant but I don't feel like I am huge or anything and I get around fine. But seriously, it's the principle of the matter. They don't even care. So as I am walking up the road from my spot in the boondocks and I pass you as you are getting out of your car, I try and stick out my stomach even further than it already is and give you kind of a mean look. Not enough of a look to make me look like a b---- but enough of one that makes you feel bad about taking my rightful spot (or at least that's what I hope you feel like). Morons. Ugh. This one reeeeally gets me seething.
Well that's all I've got for now. Pat needs to eat some breakfast as she/he rolls up under my ribs and kicks them happily to remind me. I really will try to update more often. I just need to find the time these crazy days :)
No comments:
Post a Comment