So even though I know this blog will take me all day to write, I will update you on The Man and what he's been up to.
Today he is 6 weeks old. He's already such a man. He burps like a man, toots like a man, spits up like a man, and tries to show off his strength like a man. This guy will have no problem fitting in with his fellow 15 year olds when he's that age. He'll be the front runner in the bodily functions and strong man contests that they have. I don't know if that's what boys at 15 do but it sounds about right.
He turned a month old on July 20th. He slept for 6 1/2 hours that night, which was amazing!! And the next day he started smiling at me and Jeff. It was an awesome 24 hours! Since then he has given me a few 6 hour nights and even some 7 hour nights of straight sleeping. I end up getting up in the middle of the night to check on him anyway but at least I'm not up for half an hour to an hour feeding, changing, and rocking the man. It's been really nice. He's such a great baby. Even on his worst nights he still only gets up once a night. We really lucked out with this little guy.
The smiles are so cute and sooooo gratifying. After going 4 weeks of pouring your body, mind, and soul into the baby with nothing but crying and dirty diapers given back to you, the smiles are so amazing to get and look at. I have shed some tears a few times at how beautiful his little smile is. It's like he smiles with his whole body and you can just tell that you are doing something right and the little guy loves you. Some mornings when I get him out of his crib, he'll stop whining, look up at me and smile. Oh my goodness, that's the best!
Bath time is getting better each time. Last night we even got a little half smile half worried face. It's progress!
Nursing is going a million times better. What a difference a few weeks make! I had lots of problems at first and more that popped up along the way and finally six weeks out, I think we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I could give great detail and information on all that we have gone through but I don't think anyone really wants to hear the gory details. It took about four weeks for everything to get to a good place. Hopefully it stays that way.
Some other things Keighan is up to:
-trying desperately at all times and in all places to sit himself forward. He does NOT like laying back.
-weighs an estimated 11 pounds. We are officially out of newborn clothing and took out his newborn insert of his car seat yesterday. We are still working on trying to fit into 0-3 month clothing so we look kinda funny in some of our clothes these days but it's okay :)
-the ceiling fan is still our best friend. It can always make him smile. Jeff just installed a ceiling fan in our bedroom yesterday so now Keighan will have two places he can hang out with his friend.
-started making sounds. "Aah-gah" and "Uh uh uh uh uh" are our favorite words to say these days.
He's the best. Now though he wants to cuddle and I drop anything and everything to cuddle him so see ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment