I cannot believe we are over half way done with August. Time is seriously flying by and in 7 (give or take a little) weeks we will have a new little member of the Mohr family. We haven't done a whole lot to get ready for baby. It's crazy the difference between baby number one and baby number two. With number one you have a million and one things you have to do, buy, research, etc. This time around we needed a crib because we are keeping Keighan in his and diapers. Really. That's all the essentials we have needed. We've picked things up here and there like some nice swaddling blankets I've been pining over and a Rock n' Play that I've heard marvelous things about but really, it just seems like the baby will be folded right into the family. I'm very excited but not as anxious this time around. Last time, as soon as I hit 37 weeks, I waited for Keighan to come. Every day was disappointing that he didn't come and 4 weeks later I was finally induced and I FINALLY had my baby. This time around, baby can cook well past 37 weeks. I'm in no hurry. Of course I'd love to have baby in my arms but I also am savoring the last few weeks I have Keighan all to myself and give him my full attention. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a hard adjustment for me to not spend all my time and energy on Keighan. Not that it's always the most fun but it's definitely rewarding and he benefits from it a lot. I dunno, lots of rambling going on here. Basically, I'm so excited for this new chapter of our life to begin but at the same time I'm kind of mourning the close of the current chapter we are living.
Moving on...
Our August has been pretty chill. Music took the summer off and we actually won't be starting back with the same program. She starts in October when baby is due so that just isn't going to work. I found a program that starts in September and goes through April and was only $25 for the entire time! Unheard of. And it's very chill and you can attend as often or as little as you like. I figured for the price being 1/6th of what I was paying for 3 times the length we were getting, I'm willing to try it! Library has also been on hiatus for August as they take their "summer break". Keighan is really missing that time and I'll be happy for the first week of September to hit so he can get back there. He was really starting to gain some independence and sit on his own with the other kids and participate in the songs and dances that they would do. So our August has been pretty boring. I've been struggling finding some things for Keighan to invest his energy in. Thankfully, we'll be back in the swing of things in a few weeks.
Jeff's 30th birthday is coming up during Labor Day Weekend. I've been bugging him about wanting to make his birthday special or do something extra fun for it as he's not a big birthday celebrator and that's really hard for me coming from my family where everyone's birthday is an event and we make sure that we do lots of fun things on the day. My big idea back in May was to buy tickets for Jeff to fly to Atlanta to visit his best friend since they haven't been able to hang out since January (we saw them in May briefly while we took our kids to the zoo together but it's not the same as the boys sitting around playing cards and drinking beer and chilling together). Jeff kind of brushed me off saying it was too expensive and he didn't want to leave me and Keighan behind (because we weren't sure if I could fly that late in pregnancy) on his birthday and yadda yadda yadda. So then I thought I'd throw him a birthday bash here at the house and invite friends and family. And then I realized that all of his friends have moved out of state which really stinks for him. Something in him changed the past weekend and plans got going and people got talking and all of a sudden our family is booked to go to Atlanta for an extended Labor Day Weekend. It was all very sudden and whirlwindish that I'm still trying to make sure everything will work out for it. I got the all clear from the doctor, Keighan is good, Jeff got off work, so things should be good! I'm just glad Jeff is finally doing something awesome for his birthday and enjoying it! :) So this will be an adventure! Keighan has never been on an airplane before and we rarely take trips anyway so it should hopefully be a lot of fun! Hope my 34 week preggo body can keep up with everyone!
We also are welcoming a new member to the family tonight-- a Honda Pilot! We've been searching for and researching vehicles so we have some more room and safety for when baby comes and we found it in the Pilot. It's a used car which is fine, it's been kept in excellent shape and condition. And we are very confident in what the dealership has done with the car and how they have maintained it since it was a new car. We test drove it about 2 weeks ago and liked it but it hadn't been through it's cleaning and detailing quite yet and the price they offered us at that time was higher than what we were looking to spend. We gave it two weeks, all the detailing and cleaning had been completed, and we went last night and test drove it again with the car seat and Keighan in there and we really liked it. We still weren't willing to pay the price that they originally offered us which is what we told them and we gave them our idea of what we thought a fair price was. They ended up just adding a few dollars to the price we thought was fair and we couldn't believe they were willing to sell at that. We definitely got a fair deal and are excited to have a newer safer car for our babies to ride in! I will post pics and more about it when everything is said and done after tonight but we are super pumped!
We spent the morning at the Children's Museum. Keighan absolutely loves this place and I'm so glad we paid for the year membership. We've definitely got our money's worth out of it. It was so nice to be there and have all the older kids back in school. Keighan was still running around like crazy but at least I could see him when he took off and there was no one around to get in the way or be rude to him. Older kids can be awfully rude to little kids. Especially little kids who don't talk yet. Ugh, huge pet peeve but we'll leave that alone so that my blood pressure doesn't rise.
In light of the fact that we spent the morning going bonkers at the museum and that Keigs is now down for a nap, I'm going to rest and relax too. Check back for updates about the new car and our trip to Atlanta :)
No comments:
Post a Comment