Monday, February 23, 2009

Whirlwind

Well I am now a week and a day in to the new job. I love it but it is very challenging. I have come to the realization that I am on my own in the job. I didn't get any training but instead was just thrown in to the job and was told to pick up where it was left off. Usually that wouldn't be too bad of a problem except I have no idea where the job was "left off", what happened before, and what is expected now. I can definitely tell I am not qualified for the position and it is hard for me to figure out and plan lessons for these kids because I don't know what's expected. The staff is very supportive and I keep getting told I'm doing a good job so I'm keeping at it. Today I had a meeting and the outlooks for jobs this coming year are "bleak". It's the worst LPS has seen and there will be very few openings compared to other years. I'm pretty worried I won't have a job next year given that I've been told I won't have this one and since I will still be considered a "first year teacher" they are lowest on the totem pole to be hired. They said that nothing will be known until the end of April at the earliest. So for now, I will enjoy working and having a job cause who knows whats going to happen.

In other news, there is no news. Jeff and I have been so busy with our jobs that we really haven't had lives. This weekend we took it easy and tried to relax because we both are being pushed at work. We are going to have to work on finding time to relax and just enjoy each other's company and not worry about work.

**Mini-lesson I learned this past week. Never ever check your work e-mail when you aren't at work. It just makes you super stressed and unable to sleep**

I'm really excited for March to get here. I'm ready for this weather to take a turn for the better!

No comments: