Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ducks

Yesterday Jeff and I went on a walk and we came across a bunch of ducks at the pond along the bike trail. Afterwards, we went home and got some bread and came back to feed them. Some of them kind of swarmed me at first but I learned that giving out a little yelp made them get back. So it was a lot of fun. Here are just a few of many pictures we took!

These were my favorite. The mama was so protective of her babies and yet didn't want to share the bread that was thrown their way. I had to be sneaky to get some to the babies. She was really mean to any other ducks that got near. She chased them, bit, and pulled out feathers.


I was trying to pose for this picture but I had a hotdog bun in my hand and the ducks started getting really close so I had to adjust my pose and face and Jeff got the picture in the midst of all that.

The ducks had to fight with the fish for the bread thrown into the water.

A few more:

No comments: