This weekend we went down to Kansas City to visit our friends Michael and Darci. It was kind of an impromptu trip, we decided the night before that we should go and so we did. I picked Jeff up from work on Friday and we drove down. We picked up some Chick-fil-a because it's oh so yummy and Nebraska doesn't have one (boo). We just hung out with Michael Friday night cause Darci had to work and we were tired from traveling and such.
On Saturday we went out to lunch at a place called the Elephant Bar. Jeff and I tried our first piece of psuedo-sushi and we thought it was interesting, they were salmon rolls and the Brays just love them. We went out and picked up some booze and played cards for the rest of the afternoon/evening. We didn't get to dinner until around 9:30-10ish. We went to a pizza place and it was pretty good although Jeff and Michael ate both of our whole pizzas and I only got one piece out of ours and one piece out of the Brays. By the time I finished my two pieces I looked over and both pies were gone. They were super yummy though. We played cards again when we went home and didn't go to bed til late... around 1 or 2.
Sunday we all went to the waterpark Schlitterbahn. They only have a few rides open as it is going to be a couple years for it to be completely finished. It was fun and worth the money though. We got some good sun and some fun rides packed in to the day. Jeff and I left in the late afternoon and got home in the 9 o'clock hour.
Yesterday I went to see Harry Potter with my family. I was pleasantly surprised with it. I think they did a good job and they were able to incorporate more humor than the other movies had. The popcorn at the theater (Seward) was pretty oily though and left all of us with a stomach ache, which some of us still had this morning.
Today I woke up with the world's largest collection of fever blisters all over one half of my top lip. It's really swollen, hurts, and itches so bad. I called to get my prescription refilled for them but since the doctor hadn't seen me in over a year and a half they made me come in for an actual appointment. If you know me, you know I HATE the doctor. Plus I couldn't even see my doctor because he was too busy. So I went to the doctor this afternoon so he could tell me "Yes, those are fever blisters. Yes, they look bad." Exactly what I already knew and to give me my prescription. Blah. Then I got to wait with all the old fogies at Walgreens for my meds. Hopefully there will be no more doctors for another year and a half if not longer.
As for looking ahead... Michael is coming up to play golf with Jeff on Saturday, Sunday is my dad's birthday, and if Jeff can get the time off we will go up to Montana to hang out for about a week. This summer is going by way too fast!! The only good thing about that is football season is coming up! Yippee!
No comments:
Post a Comment