Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Alone and Rambling

Well, I am alone for the week (until Friday night anyway). Jeff is in New Mexico at a conference and meeting with some agents. He has to give a presentation that I can tell he's kind of nervous about but I know he'll do well. He always does well in the public speaking/ regular speaking parts of life haha.

While he is gone I'm not quite sure what I will do. I work Thursday and Friday as a P.E. teacher (yes! easiest and most fun subbing ever) As for today I am just chilling out. For some reason my internal clock woke me up at 6:40 and I couldn't will myself back to sleep as much as I tried. So, I watched my movie from Netflix this morning, hung out with my cat (crazy cat lady? yes.) and messed around on the computer a bit. This afternoon I will go shopping with my mom a little bit. Tonight my friends are hosting one of those tupperware-like parties but it's with food. I'm not sure if I'm going to go yet or not, it will probably depend on what time my mom serves me dinner (yes I become a child when Jeff is out of town and refuse to do things for myself :) ) and if I feel the need to work out (which I probably will because I already feel like I need to but I took a shower already and I always feel that's very counter-productive. So I must wait a "Meagan designated amount of time" before I feel like it's okay to get disgustingly sweaty and take another shower.) Anyway, tonight is The Biggest Loser and if I don't work out I will just feel disgusting watching the contestants work out for two hours while I eat ice cream or something haha.

Wow. That was a lot of rambling.

We are still getting things in order for closing. We've switched insurance and that's taken a little bit but hopefully we are set to go. The bank said that all they needed was our insurance information and then everything could go to underwriting. We got all that stuff to them last week so hopefully everything is smooth sailing.

Speaking of which, we close in TWO weeks!!!! Wahoo!!!

Last week marked five years that Jeff and I have been together. Crazy. It definitely hasn't felt that long which I would assume is a good thing. If I felt we had been together for like 50 years there's probably something wrong with that. We don't really celebrate stuff like that because it's not that significant but we figured this warranted a little celebration. We tried to recreate our first date kind of. I got to pick the movie and where to eat like I got to on our first date (and probably the only time since!! But that's probably for good reason because I picked the most ridiculous movie that I thought looked good but as we were watching it, it wasn't really going anywhere. So I kind of got irritated and leaned over to Jeff and said, "I'm going to be mad if there is aliens in this." Which was the only way I thought they could get this drawn-out story to go anywhere but I HATE alien movies (lame!) But of course like 2 minutes after I said that, out popped an alien. And that's why I'm not allowed to pick movies anymore.) Okay aside from that side note, we went to Old Chicago after the movie and shared a double-deckeroni pizza which was way too huge and way too yummy. It was a good date.

This is some crazy rambling I've got going on here. I feel like I'm in middle school and trying to write a whole one page paper (gasp) and trying to fill up all the space by rambling. All right, time to peace out of this craziness.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love watching fatties while I stuff my face on the couch!!! It makes me laugh to myself. I'm glad you do it too. Haha! Yay house time is almost here! I'm so excited for you!!!!!