Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Busy Times

Ever since we got the house it seems like there is so much stuff to do... and we don't even have the house yet!!

This past week has flown by and I believe it will continue flying. I haven't updated in forever so let's start at Jeff's birthday...

Jeff's Birthday:

Well I think the birthday boy had a pretty good birthday. He requested French toast for breakfast and I happily obliged. For lunch he wanted some wings so I picked him up from work and took him down to the Watering Hole--delicious. While he was at work I decorated the house in balloons and streamers and wrapped his presents (they came!). When he got home he was ready to open the presents. He got: the second season of Californication, the Watchmen, a bar turtle which separates dark beers from light beers in your glass-- he really likes them so whatever :), some bath salt stuff because he gets really bad sore backs, some old time Dr. Pepper made with sugar cane, some candy, a gift card, and some money. He made out pretty well. For dinner he had wanted me to make him some crab legs but for the same price we could go to Red Lobster and get the crab legs plus a whole bunch more. So we went there and between the two of us we had those cheddar biscuits, two salads, mashed potatoes, french fries, and 3 pounds of crab. That's right, you read it all correctly. We were STUFFED. After dinner Jeff wanted to see Inglorious Basterds, which if you like Tarintino you will love this movie! It was really good and since we were at the theater we had to get popcorn (I don't know WHERE I put it). When we got home I sang "Happy Birthday" and we ate cake (bleh!! more food haha). Can I just say that I can't wait to have some kids or something around because it is very awkward to sing happy birthday by yourself. So all in all I think Jeff's birthday went really well.

Last Wednesday was my first day of subbing. I was at Maxey in the fifth grade and it went very smoothly. I ran in to Pat and he started talking about positions that may be available for next year and while I was politely having the conversation with him, in my head I was screaming, "I DON'T WANT TO GET BACK INTO THIS ALREADY!!!" The only bad time I had was meeting the teacher that took my position. It was really hard to be nice and all because honestly it wasn't her fault that she got the position and she doesn't know that it was supposed to be mine so technically there is no reason I should be mean or cold to her or anything. It was just kind of hard seeing her doing the job I wanted so badly.

After work on Wednesday, Jeff and I headed down to Oklahoma. I love going down there it just puts me in a fabulous mood!! Katie was such a great hostess and we were glad to spend some time with her. We got to go to the Norman High/Norman North game and see my alma mater kick the pants off of High. When we left the score was 30-9 awesome! That night we went to the Mont with Katie, Philip, Adam, and their friend Mindy. It was really fun but my legs got bitten up by bugs. They made me physically sick 2 days later. I counted and I got 9 on my left leg and 4 on my right. Barf. I was also able to see Ashley and Krisstina while I was down there which was really nice. I miss them lots. Jeff always says that I act a lot different and more comfortable when I am hanging out with them versus hanging out with people up in Nebraska. I guess that's because those two girls know EVERYTHING and it's just too easy and too comfy not to talk about anything and everything. I just wish Norman was closer. Of course Jeff and I hit up all the yummy eating spots and watched some football on Saturday. We won't even get into OU losing or Navy losing, but yay for the Huskers!

Yesterday we had a BBQ out at my grandma's place. It was good to see family as usual and to hang out and take it easy before the work week started again.

This morning Jeff woke me up at 6:15 to go workout. I told him I would go last night but man this morning was a different story. I so did not want to go. But since I told him I would, I did and it was a good thing I did. I ended up getting a job this morning starting at 11:30 and lasting until 3:15 so it was good that I was already up and ready to go for this job. It was at Scott Middle School which is a nice place to go and aside from normal substitute behavior the day went smoothly. The teacher went home sick and that kind of worries me but hopefully nothing was spread around her desk or something for me to pick up.

Tomorrow I will work at Maxey in fifth grade again. On Thursday I will be at Brownell in the BD department (yikes, help me!) but that will only be half a day as of now. The teacher there has switched from half a day, to a full day, back to half a day, so we will see what she ends up deciding on Thursday.

Other than that Jeff and I are staying busy with things in the apartment, things for the house, and just general things. It never ends. This weekend we'll (or atleast I) will go watch Annie cheer on Friday, we will go watch the Husker game at the Isles with Gudgel (maybe) on Saturday, and Jeff has his friend Kyle coming down on Sunday so we will continue to be just as busy.

Will update more later! :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Aw we had so much fun with ya'll in OK. After our little "game night" Chris was like "you two are basically the same person!" haha I was cracking up. It's funny that we still have so much in common even though we've lived in different states for almost 6 years... which is SCARY to say!