I've spent some time packing up what I can. I have cleaned out our food cupboards and I would be ready to go but we have a very limited amount of boxes. I hate moving but am excited for this one. Plus, it will be the last one I will have to do for a very long time. Hooray for that!
Last week, Jeff went to New Mexico for business. He had to give a presentation for his company in front of this conference thing. He was pretty nervous but I heard it went really well and he finished his presentation in 10 minutes (which was his alloted time, many were thankful to him). So good for him! I know I would have problems public speaking at a conference, I can barely make phone calls! Jeff also visited some agents while he was down there and ate a lot of yummy food at the company's expense which he was all to happy to tell me about. That's okay though, my mama kept me good and fed while he was away :)
This weekend we spent Saturday watching football (yay!). We went to The Isles for the Husker game. Thank goodness this was the last one on PPV. The game was a lot of fun and there was a whole lot of Husker spirit going on at the bar. I don't know what's up with the football rankings this week though. We only gained 2 spots? Are you kidding me?!? But that's something I don't even want to start with.
Sunday we went out to Seward with my family. Jeff and my dad helped Grandpa cut down some trees and do other manly farm things while Katie, Grandma, and I played games and mom studied (lame). We had dinner out there and it was really a nice and relaxing afternoon.
I've been pretty busy today, this is actually the first time I've sat down to catch my breath and just relax. I had a dentist appointment this morning at 8 (bleh) I really didn't want to go and considered calling and canceling since I haven't been feeling well for the past couple of days. But I figured if I didn't go today I wouldn't go forever. It was just a teeth cleaning after all. They said my teeth looked good and my dental hygienist confessed she never flosses her teeth (weird) but all in all it was a good visit and I won't be back until March. Yay! After the appointment I went to Wal-Mart to do my grocery shopping. Going to Wal-Mart at 8:30 in the morning on a weekday is about the only time I will ever go. It was empty! I got all stocked up for meals this week and we are set to go. I still refuse to buy my meat from Wal-Mart so I went to Hy-Vee to pick up the hamburger but forgot Jeff's lunch meat which meant when I got home and finally realized this, I had to go back and get some. I hate when you forget things at the store!
Anyway, as a treat for Jeff and myself I made us these itty bitty bite sized brownies for tonight. They are sold by Pillsbury and they are the perfect portion control (which is Jeff and my next step in fitness) They come with the baking tin and you can either make 6 or 12 at a time. I made 6 bite size brownies and that will be plenty for us for a while. Yummy! While I was making my brownies an overwhelming stench came over me and the cat walked by so I know she just did her business. So I went to turn on the fan and shut the door to the bathroom and what do I see? A nice little present on the floor staring at me. Pinky squatted so that her behind was sticking half way outside of the box. She needs using the bathroom lessons. Anyway so it was very fun having to pick this up while I should be smelling the sweet smell of brownies I had to endure the terrible smell of cat poo. Not just any cat poo, it was darn near "sick" poo if you get what I'm saying. It was not a fun experience.
Jeff and I grabbed some lunch together and I am set to call all the utility places this afternoon (or push it off as much as I can and see if Jeff will do it :) ). I also would like to pack up some more things. I can't believe it is only 8 days away! It'll go by fast. I work Wednesday-Friday (hopefully something will come up for tomorrow) and then the weekends always come and go so fast so it'll be next Tuesday before we know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment