Tuesday, October 20, 2009

So This is What It's Like?

I've been excited to get a house for a long time. A nice small house that I own and can do my own thing to and not have to worry about where I will be in a year.

I never would have thought it would be this wonderful!

Let me paint you a picture...

Right now I am sitting at a cleared table with a cute fall tablecloth, a yummy chocolate chip candle burning, and a cup of hot tea. Looking to my right I can see the neighbor kids playing out my back dining room window. Looking to my left I can see my nice, large, clean kitchen.

If this was my apartment I would be sitting on my couch with the TV on to distract me from all the madness of the apartment. There would be stuff piled on the coffee table in front of me (my knees would also be touching that baby due to lack of room). If I were to look to my right I would have seen my deck that was cluttered and full of stuff because there is no storage. If I looked to my left I would have seen a table that hadn't been eaten at in weeks with stuff piled on it because again, there would be no place to file papers or organize.

It's so liberating. It's so peaceful. I love it. I can just sit in a nice clean open space and enjoy myself. It's crazy.

Not that getting the house into this shape (and continuing better shape) hasn't been crazy! Jeff and I make daily trips to benefit the house. Whether we go to Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc. We are trying to get this house to be what we have dreamed it to be. The best part is sitting down to dinner and eating at the table, talking about our day and what's happening tomorrow, and then spending the evening together doing something relaxing. It's brought on a whole new mood and environment for us. I think Jeff and I had kind of got stuck in a rut and weren't in the best of moods in our dark apartment. The cat was even moody in the apartment. (By the way, she LOVES it here. We never see her anymore because she's always wandering and exploring) It just seems so lively here. We have windows to let in light and actual light fixtures so we can see. We have things that occupy our time so we don't get bored. It's just been so great! It's a very exciting time for us.

In other news...

I have finally (I think) recovered from my 3 weeks of illness. I have felt really good the past few days. As of yesterday I am off all of my meds and I've regained my appetite and am not so fatigued all the time. I have had to take a few rests still but nothing like before. I went to work for half a day today and felt good. I didn't have to come home and immediately have to lay down like I had to before. ::Side Note-- It says a lot that I didn't have to lay down today because I was in a kindergarten class that had four kids with some sort of serious disability/behavior problem, it was picture day, and it was a screwed up schoo schedule since school dismissed at a different time today. So if I could survive that without needing to rest, I should be feeling better!!::

Jeff's work has been going well. He's been in a pretty good mood about it. They are starting to get some days that are a little slower so he can catch up a little bit. Since they fired his one co-worker a year ago, they have just been bogged down and I'm happy to see that they are starting to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. There are rumors that they may hire someone else someday but those are just rumors for now, so we will see.

I'm really excited for Halloween this year. I can't find any decorations and don't have anything up but it'll be fun to spend Halloween as our first holiday in our house. This neighborhood is full of kids and it'll be fun to hand out candy to them. Some of my family said they might come over so that'll be fun too. We'll probably order a pizza, watch some Hocus Pocus, and hand out the candy we don't eat... bwahahah.

Well, just thought I'd give a little update before Jeff gets home. I hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weather yesterday! If only we had more days like that. Jeff and I grilled out and I really hope that won't be the last day we can do that, but more than likely it was. Bummer.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It sounds wonderful!! :) I want to come visit! There's definitely always projects to do to a house even after you think you have everything the way you want it, but that's part of the fun I think! Glad your kitty's happy too.. they are so funny when they get to explore new places!