Usually the smell of a hoard of kids fresh inside from playing hard on the playground makes me hold my breath. The smell is a mix of the outdoors, school, and an extreme amount of sweat and post-lunch breath. But honestly, I've been thankful to smell this smell the past few days. We are finally (fingers crossed, knocking on wood) seeing spring poke it's head out. It's been in the 60s most days the past week and today is supposed to be 84. Thank goodness. Winter is such a depressing and gloomy time. It's nice to see the change and get some sun on the skin. When Jeff and I went down to Oklahoma a few weeks ago we were like, "OH MY GOSH, GREEN GRASS! LOOK! GREEN GRASS!!!!" That small detail that is almost always overlooked anywhere, stuck out like a sore thumb and we couldn't believe that green grass still existed. Hopefully grass here will start turning green and our trees will start to bud because these bare trees and brown grass landscapes are getting boring (and have been boring for like 4 months) to look at.
The only down side to the fabulous weather is that I have nothing that fits that is suitable for warm weather (minus one pair of capris) I tried on every pair of shorts I own today and each and everyone was too small. Now I'm not dumb, I knew they wouldn't fit but I thought maybe I could make it work with my belly band. That's a big nope. So I'm a little bummed that I'm in my regular clothes for such a nice day. I'd like to be in something spring like and feminine, but I guess my black maternity shirt and capris will have to suffice. I'll be sure to get a few cute things so I don't feel like my wardrobe is stuck in winter with these last two months I have.
Baby is doing very well. Baby's movements aren't so jarring anymore (unless it's a direct shot to the ribs, in which case those REALLY hurt!) but baby is big enough now that it just feels like slipping and sliding is going on in there. Poor thing is going to be running out of a lot of room in not a lot of time. I can't believe it is pretty much just 9 weeks until my due date and this little miracle is here. I CAN NOT WAIT. So excited :)
Time is starting to pick up and go fast. After this weekend, I have something planned every single weekend (minus April 30-May1st weekend) until baby arrives. It's going to be crazy and go incredibly fast. I'm just a smidgen overwhelmed with the idea of always being busy until baby is here. But at least it will take my mind off of how long I have to wait (64 days til baby, 35 days of work, no one is counting) for baby and focus more on smaller things happening every week and looking forward to each of them.
Anyway, I really don't have too much to write about but I know I've been seriously lacking in blogs and just thought I'd post a quick update. Now I'm off to convince Jeff that it is a perfect day for a Topper Popper. I'm sure all you Nebraskans agree :)
No comments:
Post a Comment