Wednesday, May 25, 2011

You Would Think...

You would think I have more time on my hands to update the blog but I just don't.  Anytime I figure I have time to relax, Jeff and I decide we need to do something or something comes up or whatever.  Here is a low down (while I think I have time) of what's been going on in May...

Baby Shower

I had the most amazing baby shower thrown by my aunt Jeanna, grandma, and my mom and sisters.  I had family from my side and Jeff's side there as well as some dear family friends.  We played a "name the baby animal" game (which I won ;-) ), a memory game (which I definitely lost, hello preggo brain), and a left/right listening game which I'm not necessarily great at either.  They were all fun games to play.  I was very blessed with all the wonderful gifts I got from everyone.  I started that day out with hardly anything and ended the day pretty much set for baby.  Thank you all who came and sent your thoughts and kindness our way that day.  It was truly a day I will never forget.

My Birthday

I had a great 25th birthday (I just typed 35th and got a little scared at thinking I was that old lol).  Jeff took me out to breakfast and I got a delicious bagel and decaf vanilla latte which are definite treats right now.  We did a little shopping and we bought me a new book by my fave author and some new Kuerig coffee for me to try once baby is born.  I then went and hung out with my family as Jeff had to study for the GMAT for part of the day.  I went to Bison Witches for lunch with mom, Katie, and Annie.  Then we just ran some simple errands to look at diaper bags and graduation cards and just a bunch of random stuff that needed to get done.  For dinner we had Mazatlan ordered in and a delicious Dairy Queen ice cream cake.  It was a good birthday.  Thank you family and Jeff for helping me celebrate!

Jeff's GMAT

The day after my birthday, Jeff had to take the GMAT because he is going back to school.  After lots of hard work and preparation he took the test, got a great score, and will be heading to school either this August or January.  He is getting all the paperwork together and getting ready to meet with some advisers to get him set up.  I am so excited for him and so proud of him.  He'll do great at grad school!

Sarah Dessen

I started reading Sarah Dessen books in my "Reading for Pleasure" class in high school.  My teacher turned me on to one of the books and I have read all her books and desperately await every book she puts out since then.  Like I said, I got her newest one for my birthday and am trying to slowly read it so I can enjoy it more but it's just so hard to put her books down.  They are YA so if you like reading those, I would definitely recommend them!  Well, last week Whitney and I went to Omaha because Sarah Dessen was doing a reading and meet and greet!  We were so so excited, had second row seats to her reading, Q & A, and trivia quiz.  We were supposed to be one of the first ones to get our books signed as well but there was a mass exit and Whitney and I decided not to get mauled and ran over and waited for a while for things to clear out.  By the time we did get in line, the line was snaking around the library and we estimated we would be in line for a good hour.  An incredibly nice lady came over and had us cut her and her daughter in line as I am a noticeably 9 month pregnant lady.  I couldn't have been more appreciative because it took an hour to get through the line from her spot and we cut about half the line!  But  we did get to quickly meet Dessen and she signed my book so I'm pretty stoked about all of that. :)

Baby

Baby has been growing and moving so much.  I'm currently 37 weeks and 2 days and full term.  I'm ready for baby to make his/her appearance whenever baby is ready.  We are pretty much as set up as we are going to be and Jeff and I are ready and waiting for our beautiful baby to arrive.  Appointments are going well.  I've had three this month.  I have only gained one pound this month and hopefully I won't gain anymore (unless baby needs it) but I am definitely carrying around a heavy load these days.  I'm really tired all the time and I'm pooped out by half way through work.  I've been taking at least one half day a week off lately and it's been amazing (today I took a full day off).  School is done on Friday and my last day of work is Tuesday so I will be very happy to rest and relax as much as I can before baby decides to come.

There have been other things going on this month that have been keeping us busy: friends coming in to town to visit for a day, our neighbor's baby being born (so so cute! Makes me want Pat even more!), Mom's birthday, Sean and Katie visiting, nesting, Dad coming home for a visit today, and Annie's grad party and graduation this weekend, and her birthday next week.  We have just had to be the Energizer bunny lately.  We just keep going and going and going. 

So that's the quick update on what's going on.  Now I'm going to sit and rest about 10 minutes before Jeff is due home.  I'll try and update a few more times before Pat comes.  I'll do my best!!

No comments: