Friday, November 4, 2011

November

I'm going to try and sneak this blog in real quick while the beast is finishing his nap.  He woke up every hour last night (this mama is dying of sleep deprivation-- had a breakdown yesterday, can't wait for the opportunity to sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time at some point in my life)

I wanted to update the blog daily this month and talk about what I'm thankful for this year. BWAHAHAHA, wait I have a child.  That is not going to happen.  However, everytime I can carve out a few minutes and not pass out from exhaustion, I will update the list but probably won't be able to give much of an explanation of each.  Some of them are serious, some of them silly, but I'm thankful for all nontheless.  Here are what I've been recognizing the past four days to be thankful for...

Nov 1- Keighan.  I am so thankful to have him in my life.  That he is healthy, happy, and just plain awesome.  I would have never thought I would be so blessed by God.

Nov 2- Jeff.  I wouldn't be able to make it everyday without this fabulous guy.  He is a great hubby and even better daddy.  I'm very lucky to have snatched this guy up 7 years ago :)

Nov 3- Family.  My family has been such a great support this year.  Through the pregnancy, the month of very long waiting, and all the help and support I had after Keigs was born, my family has really been one of my rocks this year.  My sisters and mom have been awesome.  I love you guys!

Nov 4- Coffee.  I wouldn't be able to make it through the day without a cup of coffee.  Today may call for more than one.  I actually went to Starbucks because, through justification by myself, I had a rough night and need a 34958 calorie drink.  So I went for the medium (I refuse to use the terms "tall" "grande" and "venti" at Starbucks) mocha frap with extra coffee.  It is delicious and I feel no guilt for drinking it.


In other news, Jeff and I instituted swaddle-weaning this week.  Starting this past Monday, Keighan has had the swaddle taken away cold turkey.  He didn't and doesn't even notice.  In fact, he prefers it this way I think.  He finally has the freedom to move his hands (he was always getting at least one arm out of the swaddle if not both) and sleep in any position he would like (on his side is his current fave).  We wouldn't have thought about weaning him from it (really not even weaning, just taking it away) but Sunday night I woke up and had a terrible feeling so I got up and checked on him and he had rolled over on his belly and had half his face squished into the mattress at which point I decided that he was done with it.  I already over-worry about everything and having his arms strapped down and his face in the mattress is a legitimate worry.  The swaddle has been great to us but it was time to say goodbye swaddle, hello sleep sack!

As beastly as my son is, he looks ADORABLE sleeping in his car seat right now.  Hopefully he can catch up on some Zzz's as we have another big weekend ahead of us.  Tomorrow we will be going to Lexington for a baby shower.  We are really excited to see our friends and hopefully she doesn't go into labor at the shower (she's due any minute) but she can go into labor after.  That way she can enjoy her shower and we can enjoy seeing little Wyatt ;-)  We will be back on Sunday for Grandpa's birthday party in Seward.  One of these weekends we will not go anywhere and just relax.   But that goes in the category list of "Someday" along with sleeping through the night, going to Hawaii, and making it through a store without having to hold a screaming baby, steer a cart one handed, and not have people look at me in pity or annoyance.  :)

Have a fabulous Friday and great weekend.  Go Big Red!

2 comments:

Charlie and Stacy said...

Hahaha. Once I asked for a large green tea at Starbucks and he looked at me weird and said, "you mean venti?" Jerk.

Kelley said...

LOL, I totally refuse to use the stupid Starbucks size terms. Also, I never get whipped cream because it adds 300 calories to my 34,000 calorie drink (which isn't far off and was hysterical by the way). The worst is when you're at an independent coffee shop and someone ahead of you in line uses the stupid Starbucks terms and you watch the cashier cringe.