Jeff and I went out on our first REAL date on Thursday since having Keighan. Back in August, Jeff and I bought tickets to the plays Beauty and the Beast and Young Frankenstein as our early anniversary presents. Yeah our four year wedding anniversary isn't until January but Beauty and the Beast was in October and Young Frankenstein is in January, after our anniversary, so it made sense to us.
When we first had Keighan, I had a really hard time leaving him with anyone. He has only ever been left with family so that just shows how much I hate to leave him. But lately it has gotten easier as he is more independent in playing and will, sometimes, take a bottle. So mom had baby duty on Thursday and Katie came and played for a while too.
Jeff and I went to dinner before the show. We went to Spaghetti Works because it was really close to the Lied and neither of us have ever been there. It was DELICIOUS. We had some toasted ravioli for an appetizer, salad bar, I had half fettuccine alfredo and half beer cheese fettuccine, Jeff had half spicy Italian angel hair and half beer cheese angel hair. Very yummy. We both had leftovers to bring home and to happily eat later. (Sad Note: I went to have mine yesterday for lunch and I was juggling Keighan with one of my hands and the styrofoam box broke as I was pulling it out of the fridge and my leftovers ended up all over the floor and rug. Boo hoo)
The play was awesome! If you know me well enough you know that I am a Disney FANATIC. We keep all of our DVDs in the basement, except the Disney ones. They are upstairs in the TV stand, alphabetized. Yeah, that's how much I love Disney. The play was the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast so it was fun to sing a long with the songs in my head and see their interpretations of the scenes they had to alter from the movie to the stage. There were added songs and scenes which made it feel as if I wasn't just watching the movie. The actors were great. I loved Belle. The beast was pretty good, I preferred him in his man state rather than beast state :) Gaston and LeFou were hilarious. The dancing and singing were great. All around a great performance! It was fun to see all the little kids getting into the music.
Jeff and I were out from 5-10:30ish. I loved being out with my hubby and reconnecting with him as my husband and not as daddy. It was nice to come home to my baby though. I can't lie, I did miss him. And I was that mama that called throughout the night to make sure everything was going okay. I don't care, I think it just shows how much I care and love for that little guy :)
We can't wait to do it again this January. It should be a lot of fun again (and a little more up Jeff's alley :) )!
2 comments:
"...reconnecting with him as my husband and not as daddy." Glad to see you are making time for this! Very important! :o)
-Kelley
This sounds like a date you and I together would have enjoyed!! I'm glad you two had a good time :)
Post a Comment