I've heard for many many years that bad things come in threes. For the entertainment world, but not necessarily mine, this has happened this week. Though my commentary will be different than the common reaction to the world, that's the point of the blog. I can do and say what I want. If you don't agree, too bad so sad.
Ed McMahon- I don't know much about him. What my generation will know him mostly by being commonly mistaken as the Publisher's Clearing House man. But we all know he's the one that said, "Heeeeeere's Johnny!" So there is that too. Unfortunately he had to get bailed out of his foreclosure by Donald Trump. I don't know how you tear through the money that you get in entertainment but whatever. Like I said, I don't know much about him so I'll leave it at this.
Farrah Fawcett- I never saw anything that she was in and I'm really surprised at how famous she got. She was obviously an angel in Charlie's Angels and did some commercials and other movies. Of course, adolecent boys drooled all over themselves with the poster of her in her bathing suit, looking rather cold for being in a bathing suit. I personally think that's what really catapulted her to her stardom. Her story is sad though because she has had anal cancer since 2006 and was really struggling and suffering with it.
Finally...
Michael Jackson- This is where the majority of people disagree with me but that's okay. I never have liked Michael Jackson and will never in his legacy. Not to be confused with his music because I do enjoy his music that he started out with up until the later 80s. (Side note: I refuse to buy any of his music, and have for years, because I refuse to contribute any money to him. Which is unfortunate because I really do enjoy some of the songs.) Anyway, I could have put up with his transformation and his weirdness had the molestation charges not ever have happened. Everyone says that it can't be proved and nothing really ever came of it and yadda yadda yadda. Some questions I always ask when people say this... Why on earth would a young boy come up with that sort of story on their own? How come the child could describe Jackson's private parts in detail, which were all checked and correct? Why did Jackson say, "It's okay to have little boys in my bed." ? Why is it okay for children to have a "sleepover" with an adult that has been accused of molesting children, not once but TWICE (as far as I know)? Quite honestly I have no sad feelings about him passing. I hope it brings relief to families that suffered because of him. I do feel awful bad for those children he had and hope that they can live a normal life now that Jackson isn't there to personally influence it. I am guessing he O.D'd on his drug cocktails and that's what killed him. Oh well, time will tell. And now he is overtaking all the television and radio stations and will take over my magazines as well.
Let's get back to the real news of the world like the fact that a million US people currently have swine flu, Iran's protests and the fact that Ahmedenijahdhoweveryouspellyourname wants Obama to apologize (which if he does, expect another ranting blog), and the weird governor Sanford who needs to be out of office now and not because he had an affair but because he used taxpayers money to fund it and he is frequently MIA when bad/big things happen. I'd rather hear about that stuff than to have Jackson all over my TV with everyone saying the same thing, that they don't know anything yet.
Sorry to those who loved him and I don't mean sorry because he passed but sorry if you don't agree. I kind of like having this blog to say stuff that normally people would be fighting with me about because everyone's opinion is always the right opinion correct? At least here I can say what I want and not worry about people cutting me off and playing devil's advocate. I enjoy this very much.
1 comment:
I agree. :)
Post a Comment