I haven't blogged in a while and was politely reminded that people read it and are tired of not having new posts, so hear you go ;-D
The past weekend was pretty busy for Jeff and myself.
On Friday I went out with my girlfriends and saw The Proposal which was really cute and then we went out to Harry's Wonder Bar. Whitney played a pickle card and won $20 which was pretty exciting. We celebrated by getting a shot which we thought would be the normal thimble-sized ripoff most shots are down at the bars. But no, it was a shot in a rock glass, at least 2/3 full. It was definitely rough.
Saturday, Jeff and I went out with our realtor to look at two houses. The first house was really nice for a house but it wasn't really a "family friendly" house and would be better for an older couple without children. It kind of reminded me of Piper Way though and that made me like it a little more than I probably should have. The second house was DISGUSTING. It is currently being rented by tenants that have completely trashed the house (ceilings, carpet, walls, etc) Anyway, so far we haven't found a fabulous house but we will keep looking. Saturday night we went out to dinner with Whitney and Nathan at Lazlos and I'm glad we got a chance to catch up with them. We came home late Saturday night and I made cupcakes for the McKeighans and Mohrs for Father's Day and then crashed.
Sunday, we visited both families for Father's Day. We stopped by my parents' house first and dropped of the cupcakes and visited for about an hour. We went up to Omaha afterwards and picked up some pizzas to have lunch with the Mohrs. We hung out there until about 7pm and headed back to Lincoln. When we got back we stopped by Topper Popper and brought some over to my mom and dad to finish off the night.
This week I've been laying by the pool and completely enjoying myself. It's been really hot here with the heat index in the 100s but it's not so bad just laying by the pool. I bring my huge Tupperware Shrek cup full of water, my ipod, a magazine, the sunscreen, and two towels and just lay there. It's great. The only downside is that we have this trashy family who lives in our apartment who tend to get loud, obnoxious, splash people, cry, etc. So that's when I usually leave.
Today I need to clean my house for several reasons:
1. Robin and her cousin Sue may be stopping by today and my house definitely could use some sprucing up
2. Tomorrow the maintanence guy is coming in to replace the air filters and hopefully our outlet in the bathroom that no longer works.
3. We are going to Oklahoma on Sunday and would like to leave and come back to a clean house.
4. We may or may not have someone coming in to check on the Pinkster and I'd rather them come into a clean house than a dirty one.
So I must go start on that, it won't take long but I just hate doing it. Hopefully I'll have enough time to spend some of the afternoon at the pool :)
No comments:
Post a Comment