- The weekend was a lot of fun. We got to hang out with lots of friends we haven't seen in a long time which both Jeff and I needed!
- The sellers of our house agreed to do the mitigation of the radon so everything is basically settled with the house. We are eagerly looking forward to Oct. 6th!!
- Jeff's birthday is tomorrow and I REALLY REALLY hope his presents get here. I ordered them on-line and it said that they shipped on August 24th and the estimated arrival date is the 2nd. I really want them to get here tomorrow so Jeff can open some presents!
- I made some cookies this weekend which were half of a recipe I found and half made up. I call them "Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies". I don't really eat homemade cookies but Jeff says they are pretty good. Here is the recipe...
3/4 c. shortening
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 (3 oz.) pkg. Jello (I used strawberry)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 (3 oz.) pkg. Jello (I used strawberry)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 c. flour
Mix all ingredients, roll dough into small balls. Put them on a greased cookie sheet, then dip the bottom of a glass in sugar and press onto dough until flat, then put them in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
-- I thought they were kind of bland so I made some chocolate frosting and drizzled that on top.
Chocolate Icing-
1 c powdered sugar
2 tsp cocoa powder
dash of milk
a little butter
Mix it all up and drizzle on top of the cookies!
Some of the completed batch:

-Tomorrow I am making crab legs for Jeff's birthday dinner. If anyone has any pointers please let me know. This is what he asked for and I have never attempted this so it'll be interesting.
-Wednesday is Oklahoma day and I am soooo looking forward to it! The only down side is that we will be missing the first Nebraska game cause I HIGHLY doubt that any place in Norman will be buying the PPV game.

1 comment:
Can't come to Oklahoma for Nebraska football!! that's crazy talk!! Tell Jeff Happy Birthday for me and I will see you guys soon.
Post a Comment