On Friday we went to a major league baseball game. This was Jeff and my first professional sports event we've ever been to. I really enjoyed myself there. Our seats were along the third base line and we had a pretty good view. We went all out on the baseball experience and got hot dogs, peanuts, and popcorn. It was so much fun and the home team won which made the atmosphere very lively. Here are some pics from the game:
Getting ready to enjoy ourselves:
Our view:
The view of the city through the stadium:
The cute Twins sign. It's the "Twin Cities" so there are two baseball players.
Everyone standing and singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the seventh inning stretch:
We won! The sign lit up and did all sorts of fancy stuff. The players even shook hands!
On Saturday we went to Mall of America. It is big but not as big as I thought it might be. I was kind of disappointed with the place. They have a ton of stores but the stores I was excited for (Steve Madden, Coach, Sketchers, etc.) were really small and therefore had little for inventory. I went in with money I have been hoarding for a few months and only ended up buying one pair of shoes for 55 bucks at Sketchers. So I wasn't too excited about the experience. Oh well, it was still fun to get the opportunity to go and see what people talk about and plan trips around. The mall took a good amount of the day so we headed back to the hotel and ate dinner there as well.
It was really rainy all Saturday so we couldn't really go anywhere downtown that we wanted to see because we would have had to walk anywhere we went. So we played cards, watched TV, and took naps. It was nice to just spend time with Michael and Darci considering their little one will be here soon and this was basically their babymoon and the last time we'll probably be able to hang for a long time.
We drove back Sunday and Jeff and I spent the evening relaxing and getting over the car ride. He took Monday off so it was nice to have him around and he could recover from the trip a little more.
Next week I will be on my way to Oklahoma so I'll be hitting the road again soon. I'm excited to see Katie and hang out down there. This summer is just filled with all sorts of little trips :)
2 comments:
sounds like you had a fun trip!!
That looks like fun! Get your booty to OK!
Post a Comment