Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tooting My Horn

I just have to toot my own horn this morning.

Last night Jeff came home from work with one of those "It's been a loooooong day." looks on his face.  So I decided to venture off on my own and make dinner on the grill by myself for the first time.  I was a bit nervous since the only thing I've ever done on any grill is turn over hot dogs.  I had pork chops and asparagus that had to be grilled so I set to it and we had a beautiful result:
It was delicious!  The asparagus was marinated in some oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and pepper.  The chops were seasoned with Mistys.  Mmmmmmm.

This is a dessert I made this morning for dinner tonight.  It's called "Strawberry Graham Cracker Dessert".  I don't know how it will taste but I don't know how you can go wrong with marshmallows and cool whip as main ingredients.

These plants are called Hens and Chicks or something along those lines.  Jeff has wanted some but we have had some trouble finding them.  Thank goodness I found them yesterday to lift his spirits from work! 


If the dessert is good I'll post the recipe later.  I'm off to the dentist this afternoon-- I hate you cavity.  Otherwise, I've gotta pretty good day ahead of me with lunch with Jeff, shopping, and dinner with the family.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay for chef Meagan! Looks so yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Toot away! that looks fantastic!