Monday, October 24, 2011

Ooooklahoma

We took a trip down to Oklahoma in the middle of the month.  I was pretty nervous about Keigs in a car for 450 miles but overall he did great.  We had to stop three times to feed and change him on the way down and we ended up making it in about 8 1/2 hours.  Not bad considering it used to take about 8 hours when there was all the construction in Kansas years ago.

We had a great time while we were down there.  We stayed with my bff Ashley and her hubby Chris.  They were great hosts!  The afternoon we got there we took it easy and ordered in some Mexican food that was delicious.  I got to see my other bff Krisstina and meet her beautiful baby girl Kylie.  Kylie was 5 weeks old and Keigs was 17 weeks and it was a ridiculous difference.  When I held her it was crazy how light she was!  She weighed like 8 pounds which is 2 ounces heavier than Keighan was when he was born so it was like holding newborn Keighan.  Crazy!  I still can't get over how small and light and sweet she is.

On Thursday we went to O'Connell's for lunch-- delicious!  Then we went to Balfour to get Keighan some OU duds.  While we were there a sweet lady came up and just gushed about how cute Keighan was and that he looked just like her daughter (whoops lol) looked when she was 4 months.  Then she went a little TMI and said that she was so glad she wasn't lactating or else she'd have a let down at how adorable he is.  It was awkward but we were able to move past that in the convo and continue on.  Though I wanted to buy the store, Keighan settled for three OU onesies and has worn all of them since.  I don't really remember what we did after that.  That night we had some pizza and hung out at home.

Friday-- We had Coaches for lunch.  (P.S. We were so fat by then, just sayin)  Then we headed off to Kidoodles and again I wanted to buy EVERYTHING but I settled for a football beanie that Keighan will wear this winter.  Again, the lady checking us out gushed over Keighan.  I love when people love him.  He's such a sweet baby.  We went home after this and Keighan and Jeff took a nap and I got my hair color fixed by Ashley.  That night we went out to the Mont and although I LOVE the Mont, it was hard to enjoy with Keigs.  He was grumpy after waiting an hour to sit (understandable) and then he refused to eat when he was hungry and it was just kind of a mess.  I took my food home and we went home, I fed and put him to bed then was able to actually enjoy my food.  So it worked out for what it was.

Saturday--  The Mohr clan ventured out for our last day there.  We went to Chick-fil-a for lunch.  We went to the mall to just look around for fun.  We went to the Norman library because they were having a book sale and bought some used books for Keighan's collection.  He can't really use them yet but when he can he has some Arthur books and I Spy baby books to read :).  That evening was the OU game and we had all sorts of delicious snacks-- queso, bacon wrapped smokies, guacamole, and asparagus salad.  By halftime all the food of traveling and caught up with me and I got sick and had to go to bed.  It was a bummer way to end the night but I should have known better than eating all that crap the whole time.

Sunday we ventured back to Nebraska.  Keighan did better on the ride home.  We still had to stop three times but he slept much better on the way.  His pattern was eat when stopped, fall asleep when we start driving, wake up and play with his turtles for a little bit and then stop to eat again.  Not bad. 

By the time we got home we were all beat and went to bed early.  It was a fun (but tiring) vacation!  And Keighan kind of restarted his clock and only got up twice a night the whole time we were down there!  Woo hoo baby boy!

Of course, some pics to share...

Chillin' like a big boy in my cute duds

Hanging out with daddy


Smiles with mama


Hanging out with Chandler--the nicest kitty ever

Dear Miss Kylie

 First family pic since Keigs was born

Mont time!

Naptime for the Mohr boys



Ashley and Chris with Kylie and Keighan


Boomer!

Roadtrippin baby

No comments: