Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Some time

Whew, I can finally take a breath! I have been so darn busy at work, I love it!! I have a little down time right now and thought I'd blog a bit before the next wave of work hits.

This weekend was okay. Jeff went to KC to help Michael and Darci on the foreclosure they bought. Jeff says it needs a lot of work but he helped the Bray's get to a spot where they start buying and installing rather than tearing down. So that's good.

This is kind of embarrassing... on Friday night I bought my favorite macaroni and cheese (Kraft Deluxe mmm..mmmm) and a bottle of wine. I rented Marley and Me, knowing Jeff wasn't too excited to watch it. I drank my whole bottle of wine, watched the movie, and cried my eyes out! And not the nice, here's a tear... there's a tear, I mean full fledged I'm choking and making noises out loud kind of cry. I scared Pinky who was hanging out with me and she didn't come back for a while. That is the worst movie to watch when you have put down a dog before. Man oh man.

On Saturday, I went shopping with Katie. I hate shopping because:
1. Nothing ever fits
2. I hate spending money when I could be saving for a house/paying off student loans
3. I don't like making people wait while I try things on

Katie is awesome to shop with though. She's patient and doesn't get all huffy if you need to take a little time looking at stuff. Plus, I haven't been able to hang out with her one on one in a long time and considering she's graduating in 2 weeks (Gasp!) I wanted to spend extra time with her. We went to the mall, Topper Popper (yum), Best Buy, TJ Maxx, Barnes and Noble, and probably a lot of other places I can't think of. I stayed for dinner (Egg Roll King, again yum!) and watched "She's the Man" with Annie and Katie. I was going to stay the night but considering Annie fell asleep, Katie was going to sleep, and mom and dad were going to be gone by the time I woke up, I just went home. I hung out with Pinky and watched TV for a while and went to bed around 2:30ish.

Nothing much happened on Sunday, Jeff came home and we relaxed. On Monday we had two BBQs to go to. The first was at Grandma's in Seward and that was yummy and nice to see the g'parents and Kowalskis. Then we went to Jeff's friend Nick's BBQ. He just moved back to Lincoln from St. Louis so a bunch of Jeff's friends and fraternity brothers were there and I know Jeff enjoyed himself.

Yesterday was really hard to go back to work. Jeff and I were both swamped and were tired when we came home. We went shopping for some work clothes and shoes for Jeff as he was in desperate need of something to keep him cool during the summertime. I found some shoes for myself for work also :) We had tortellini with six cheese marinara sauce, green beans, and home made garlic bread for dinner. It was pretty good but since we ate around 7:30 I kind of scarfed and didn't fully enjoy the dinner. Oh well, when I'm hungry, you have to feed me or else I end up scarfing later haha. We watched the movie "Waiting..." cause Sean has been all over us to watch it. I didn't think it was "great" like Sean does, I fell asleep during it! I'm sure he'll enjoy finding that out when I tell him. I slept from like 9:45 until 6:45 this morning and I was still exhausted. I tried making some iced coffee this morning and I ended up making it super strong but I am no longer tired right now so at least I'm up and at 'em.

Tomorrow I have a meeting at the district in which I am petitioning for highly gifted status for one of my kids. I'm kind of nervous because I have never been to a meeting like this so I don't really know what's going on or what to say. I know I have to talk, because Tracey told me I did haha, but I'm glad she will be with me. I think we have a good case with lots of representation. I have letters of recommendation from three of his teachers, Tracey will talk, the school psychologist will talk, his parents will talk, and I will talk. So I think we will present the best case for him but Tracey said it's hard to get them to grant mentors or highly gifted status to anyone. So we'll see what happens.

Anyway, that's the life of the Mohrs right now. We don't have much planned for the next few days so hopefully we can just relax for a bit. :)

No comments: