Monday, March 16, 2009

Accreditation Part 2

Alright, I just got out of part 2 of 2.

It wasn't too terrible. I stayed incredibly mute until the ladies asked me questions directly. I did the best I could at answering them and I had other teachers jump in and contribute more information after I spoke. That's what I love about this school. Everyone is very supportive (minus the few bad eggs). I felt bad staying quiet during other times but there is a limited amount I know about the school so oh well. When they did directly question me I could feel my face burning and I was definitely nervous. I mean, I've been here for 4 weeks and everyone else has been here for atleast 5.

At the end, I rewarded myself with a cherry bagel (my favorite but I haven't had in years). While getting it, I was left alone with the interviewers and they had asked how long I had been at the school. I told them that this was the start of my 5th week and they were like "OOOHHHH" and so I think that makes up for my limited talking.

Now I can relax and look forward to Spring Break next week. Tomorrow I have a meeting with some parents that I have been in weekly or bi-weekly contact with since I started. They have concerns about their child's position in the gifted program. They have been problems for years so Tracey is going to dominate that meeting and hopefully put them in their place. I'm pretty excited for it cause hopefully they will get off my case.

I will update the blog later today with what Jeff and I did this weekend and pictures :)

No comments: