Thursday, March 5, 2009

At School

Hello all!

I'm at school right now on my lunch break and I don't really feel like eating in the lounge since the fifth grade teachers (my friends haha) aren't in there today. So I'm at my desk just hanging around until I grab my class in about 40 minutes.
I really shouldn't say "hanging around". Sitting at my desk consists of:
1. finding lessons online for 10 different classes
2. finding lessons in books for 10 different classes
3. finding lessons that haven't been done before for 10 different classes
4. etc. etc. etc. about the lessons
5. figuring out this crazy gifted program process and getting kids identified for it
Yesterday, about 10 minutes before I went to a third grade class to teach a lesson for the first time I realized that this lesson was taught before I came. I freaked out because I didn't have anything SOLIDLY planned for next week to lean back on. I was able to pull things together and I did have a lesson that fit the time period and the kids and teacher seemed to enjoy it. It was crazy though!
Right now, I have about a million questions I need to talk to Tracey (the former gifted facilitator, now assistant principal) but she's been out of town for two days and I haven't seen her around school yet today. So, there are some things that I haven't been able to get done that need to be. Whatever.
Speaking of things that need to get done, I had a gifted facilitator meeting yesterday. I missed it. I swear the e-mail said March 5th but when I double checked for the time today, there it was plain as day March 4th. So I don't know what to do about that. I don't even have a contact to get in touch with to explain myself and see if there is something I need to do.
For as much as I like this job, I seriously don't know what to do half the time. I'm really hoping for a general classroom teacher job next year. I don't know about this gifted stuff. It's just really showing how inexperienced I am. And as a perfectionist, I don't like my weaknesses being shown. :)

That's job news.

In ordinary life news:

I'm battling the final days of a cold. I had a terrible cold earlier this week with bad pressure in my head, sneezing, coughing, headache, stuffy nose yet it runs (I still don't understand how this is possible). Now I just have the cough and it's one of those nasty barky ones. I think some of this is my asthma coming back because whenever I cough (this whole week) my neck really itches on the outside around the throat area. I tried looking it up online and everything was linked to asthma. So that's always awesome.

Jeff is doing well. They are still super swamped at work. They took away a state from his office so he won't have to travel to Pennsylvania anymore which makes me happy :) but I kinda feel bad for Jeff just because he had a lot of clients up there and there was this brewery he really liked. Haha.

This weather is amazing today. It's one of those days when I can't wait to get out there but it wont be until at least 2:30. And yes I know that's really good in regards to a job but my contract states I only have to stay until 2 but yet I always have classes after 2. Plus, you have to do planning and make sure your ready for tomorrow. Today I'm going to try and stay a little later anyway because some kid is coming into my room and eating granola bars when I'm not here and leaving the wrappers all over my room. Seriously. You think I'm kidding but kids are dumb. So I'm going to try and catch the little rodent.

Well, I'm going to go see if I can track Tracey down. She's all over the place you have to be super sneaky to "run in to" her.

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Meagan. My brother may actually have some really good ideas he could help you with. He just officially received his PHD and has a lot of experience. If you want to be in contact with him, just let me know. we can make that happen, and it may just really help out. miss ya!