Monday, March 16, 2009

Accreditation

So today is the day of the huge accreditation. I have two parts that I am to attend. The first one just got over and it was the easiest. I had to attend a meeting that another committee was putting on and watch their powerpoint presentation. I thought that this would be a great way to get some info on the school. Well, if I could understand all of their abbreviations and could hear and process as fast as they were talking, it would have helped. However, it was easy for me because I just had to sit there and pay attention. So Step 1, check.

Step 2 is at 9:45. I am super nervous about it because it is a teacher interview. They are asking VERY specific questions about our school, data, and curriculum. Well, since I've been here for 4 weeks now, I still don't quite know everything (or anything haha) about this school. If I was by myself for the interview I think it would go a little easier cause I could kind of explain my situation. But no. I am in front of the respected team leaders of each grade. So my answers of "uhh... well... I just started so I don't know" are not going to cut it.

I tried to find Pat or Tracey to talk to and say I don't feel comfortable with the limited information I have on the school and I don't want to jeopardize this situation. Well, so much for that. When I walked out of the first meeting Tracey said, "See you at the interviews." Awesome.

...To be continued...

No comments: