Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fail

So I fail at updating when I say I will. I still have pictures from this past weekend and will put them up but I just get tired when I get home and I zone out in front of the TV or outside.

Going in chronological time order of the things I wanted to share:

This weekend we received a new addition to our family. A grill. Jeff used his portion of the tax return to purchase a grill. We've had hotdogs and chicken on it so far. It's really nice to be able to grill since at our old apartment they weren't allowed. They aren't technically "allowed" now. But the fire marshall has never said anything to the complex and the owner of it who lives at our complex has one. So we figure it'll be alright. I am very excited and want Jeff to grill out every night but will have to settle for only a few. :)

I had a staff meeting to talk about jobs available for next year. I was told I would not have this position next year and I was told correctly. They are going to be absorbing this job in to the assistant principals work load. So not having someone hired for this position allows them to hire a much needed teacher in another area. So I am trying hard to do well and prove myself in the hopes of being offered a teaching job here next year (5th grade please!).

For St. Patrick's Day, Jeff and I went over to my parents' house and had ruebens and Smithwicks (Irish beer). They were delicious (the sandwiches, I hate beer). Too bad it was just me, Jeff, Dad, and Annie. Sean sent many St. Patrick's Day text messages so he and Katie was there in spirit.

I went to the dentist yesterday which is the single thing in life I despise doing the most. I HATE THE DENTIST (sorry Clarke family). I am just so uncomfortable there. In the chair my hands hurt VERY bad because I realize I am gripping my hands together for dear life. I then let go of them and try to relax. This process repeats atleast 10 times. I also have my body all stiff and rigid because of it which leads to kinks and sore muscles. Also, I hate that stupid pick thing they stick in your mouth to get the tartar off or whatever. I understand scrapping it off the teeth, I appreciate it. But I swear, they stab that stupid hook down in your gums on purpose and repeat over and over. While I'm on this dentist rant, I also hate the sound of the drill. Even if it's not being used on me I can still hear it in other rooms. Seriously, why can't they revamp that thing so it doesn't sound like a mutant mosquito. It makes me cringe. The cherry on top of my visit was a dang cavity they found. They said it was really small and won't take much to fix. Still, it drives me crazy. I swear I'm just going to have wooden teeth like George Washington (even though that's a myth, his teeth were more a mixture of different animals' teeth... true story) because of my cavities.

This weekend we are opening the Hotel Mohr. Michael and Darci are coming into town to celebrate her birthday. So they will be here on Friday night. Saturday night we are celebrating Darci's birthday downtown and Jeff's friend from Omaha will be coming down. So Kyle will stay with us Saturday night. Next week, I think Katie and Annie might spend the night sometimes or something so yeah. The hotel is clean and ready for business.

I am just as excited for spring break as the kiddos are. The weather has been amazing and so I'm excited to enjoy my time outside. I think Mom, Annie, Katie, and I will be going to Nebraska City for the outlet mall and Offut for the cheap military shopping next week. I believe we will carry on our spring break tradition with some "Thornbirds" watching as well. Oh Father Ralph...

Also taking place over my spring break is my massive stealing plan I have. There are a bunch of lessons and books and resources here that I love and don't want to spend $75 on a set of three small lesson books. So I'm going on a massive copy spree to get all of the stuff I want. I don't know how I'm going to do it yet, but it will happen. I'd do this at school but we have strict rules on how much you can copy per day... stupid.

That's it for now. I should probably find something to do with myself. A lot of my classes will be winding down in the next few weeks and so I'm going to have a lot of spare time on my hands... this job isn't half bad :)

No comments: