Thursday, March 12, 2009

Raining on my Parade

Everyone has those people who rain on their parade.

Now I do not have parades very often but when I do I want to enjoy them. Today at work I had this "huge problem" (in retrospect it wasn't TOO terrible, just hard to deal with). There was a group of teachers that were having some issues in regards to what the gifted department at the district office did. The results were lots of calls and emails to teachers that didn't know what was going on and an uninformed gifted facilitator (aka me) who wasn't told what the district was doing but teachers thought I just didn't inform them. So anyway, they asked for my help with this problem we were having. It took all of my spare time today to research and try and get in touch with people at the district office. I ended up having to call the head honcho of the gifted program for the district. It was pretty scary having to call the director because I am afraid of the phone (really I am, that's why I don't call anyone and I don't pick up a lot lol). Anyway, I dialed the number before I could back out of it. I talked to the director, got everything straightened out, apparently I brought to light a problem and she is going to address it with all of the facilitators in the district. So I was very proud that I called, fixed the problem, and then was thanked for recognizing the problem and contacting her. So I e-mailed the teachers having issues and let them know that everything was fixed, if they had any questions or concerns they could talk to me and I'd do some more research/phone calling.

Well, I got an e-mail back almost immediately. It was from a teacher who has always been kind of rude to me at school. Even when I was a student teacher and a substitute she just talked to me rudely and her body language towards me is negative. I've gone out of my way to be nice and say hello and good afternoon and such but I can't seem to win her over. She sent me this email that said "We already knew that. We figured out what we were going to do at lunch." And that's it. And I was just like %&#*!!!! Why come to me for advice and help if you can "do it on your own". I spent all day fixing this problem. And my solution is an actual solution, not the solution of "we are just going to forward all of the parents to the district office." RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! People make me so angry.

So she rained on my parade.

But I still celebrated my accomplishment with a cherry slush from Sonic. I still know I did a good job.

Tonight, I'm going to go to Fiesta Feed. It was a fundraiser my sorority does and it benefits the Make-A-Wish foundation. I'm going to go with Whitney and Jody and maybe Jeff. I'm pretty excited because I'm going to get my Tupperware tonight. You know you are getting old when you get excited for Tupperware.

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. I'm so ready for the weekend. It won't be the most relaxing because we have a huge accredidation thing going on at school on Monday so I'll probably be stressing about that. But after next week it is Spring Break and I am definitely ready for it!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That lady sounds like a b*tch! Ugh I hate people that want other people to be miserable!