Well I don't know what happened but I am feeling and being incredibly productive today and it's only 10.
I woke up with Jeff and made him some scrambled eggs with turkey and cheese and some toast with berry jalapeno jelly. Delicious! I didn't make any for myself. However, I did eat the little bit of eggs he didn't finish and some strawberry yogurt and that was good enough for me. I've taken Amy's advice and have started clearing out all the junk that I wouldn't want to go to the house with me. I threw away a Hy-Vee sack full of papers out of my teaching file cabinet which made it INCREDIBLY lighter. I have piles of clothes, purses, shoes, knick knacks, etc. all around the apartment to give to Goodwill. I've cleaned out my bathroom/beauty products. You know those free samples and "favorite" lotions and tons and tons of stuff you collect over a year or two? Yeah, I threw away all of that and I am only keeping the things that I use on a regular basis. I cleaned the microwave (which I'm sad to admit I NEVER do) and I cleaned those stupid silver stove things that sit below the coils. They were nasty. I am wrapping them in some tin foil so that they won't get re-nasty so when we have to do the cleaning of the apartment I can just take the foil off and give them a quick bath instead of scouring them with S.O.S. pads and chemicals.
I need to go to Target to get some more foil and a few other things for the place. After that I will clean out the guest bathroom, I don't know if we will be having any other guests staying so I will probably clear mostly everything out of there. My kitchen is the thing I am avoiding most. I have things stuffed everywhere due to lack of space and I just don't want to go through it all. I know I am going to pretty much keep everything in regards to baking and cooking stuff so I figure I can just go through it when the time to move comes. I don't know if that's a good idea or not.
I'm off to take a shower. I've tried to wait for the hot water to replenish since I did some loads of laundry earlier. Nothing is more terrible than getting in the shower after doing laundry and after 5 minutes your water turns cold. Bleh! Wish me luck :)
No comments:
Post a Comment