Monday, August 17, 2009

Montana

There is a lot of catching up that needs to be posted. Since I have so many pictures this will have to be done in a few different blogs. This one will be dedicated to Montana.

We left Tuesday at 7 pm and got to Billings at 6:15am. It was a long trip but well worth doing over night. We didn't have to fight with the construction or the traffic. Just the semis were out and as long as they were staying in their lane it was an easy trip. By the last few hours we had to turn on some rock and roll music to make sure we could stay awake. We were hungry and tired when we got there and went directly to IHOP for some pancakes and the promptly to Heather's house where we passed out.

Wednesday- We slept from 8am until about 11am. Since Heather was asleep from her night shift and James was gone, Jeff and I decided to get some lunch and head over to the Clarkes. We went to my favorite place to eat in Billings- Chalet Market.


Yummy!

They make GINORMOUS sandwiches. Here I am with the smallest sandwich they offer... and I had already eaten off of it.


The rest of Wednesday was dedicated to swimming at the Clarkes and eating dinner. I think that night we watched the movie Grandma's Boy which was pretty funny for what it was.

Visiting the Clarkes...


Thursday- We spent most of the day swimming again. I like to pretend I got some exercise on these days-- which I probably did but ya know. We had Pita Pit for lunch which was yummy. I have no idea what we did for dinner. I think we went to Brew Pub this night for an outdoor concert and dinner. It was also a brewery and had some pretty yummy hard cider there.

Friday- We went to "Candy Town" which is across from Heather and James' house and it is the biggest candy store I have ever been too. It was really exciting!!! However, we had over half of our candy die on the way home to Nebraska which was really sad :( but for the time I had it, we enjoyed each others company. It was kinda rainy on Friday and I think we ended up renting the movie Obsessed (do not watch it) and just stayed home that night.

Saturday- This was Heather and James' anniversary. We went to McKenzie River Pizza for lunch which was delicious! For dinner we went to the Rex which is where the Browns had their rehearsal dinner. It was pretty yummy, my steak could have used some more seasoning. The creme' brule was delicious minus the orange one which had the consistency of flan... gross. That night we went out to a bar with Amy and Jeanna and had a few drinks and watched others go karaoke.

Sunday- We spent the day going through the mountains. It was all beautiful. Things we can't see here in the heartland. There are a LOT of pictures so bear with me...













It was so dang cold that Heather didn't want to get out of the car. Hahaha.


Yes, that is snow. We even saw a guy skiing somewhere up in the mountains.

At a waterfall...





The highest point we got to-- around 10,900 feet


We were exhausted at the end of the day. We watched Seven Pounds that night after eating at Bogart's in Red Lodge. We also visited a candy store there in which half of our candy died on the way home as well. Boo hoo.

Monday- We spent nearly the whole day swimming. We played Marco Polo and Sharks and Minnows, which is pretty fun to play when you have a bunch of cousins together. We grilled out and had steaks, chicken, a delicious salad, and some veggies for dinner. For dessert we had some ice cream and brownie sundaes. Mmm-mmm.

Tuesday- Our last day :( We went to Costco because I love it and we don't have one in Lincoln. I got a few movies and some fruit leathers that are obscenely expensive here in Lincoln. Heather dyed my hair for a change and for some fun. We went to lunch at Chalet Market again :) We had tacos for dinner which were yummy. We went to say goodbye to the Clarkes and went to Softies and got an infamous "cow". Which is ice cream and a flavored slush. I had a cherry cow. We went to bed early that night so that we could get up at 6 and head on to South Dakota.

My hair before coloring and Joliana...
and after....

The Buddies...


It was a fabulous Montana vacation!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You look so cute in your little HUskers sweat shirt and I LOVE the sandwich pic of course! haha love ya!