Wednesday, April 22, 2009

And We're Baaack

Jeff and I are back from our fun mini-vacation.

We left right away after I got off work on Friday. We drove down to Norman and got there at about 9ish. We met up with Ashley for a bit at a restaurant/bar and Chris was able to stop by after work as well. It was nice to get to catch up a little bit. The motel we stayed in was a motel I went to for Ashley's birthday in 7th grade. It has gone way downhill (what do you expect from a Super 8?) The vent and toilet paper holder were falling off the walls of the bathroom, the lights didn't always want to turn on, it smelled a little funny... whatever.

On Saturday Jeff and I went all over the place. We went to the OU bookstore because I make him go there everytime we are down there. We went to Copelins because we no longer have a teacher store in Lincoln (how a town of 200,000+ can't support a teacher store but little ol' Norman can is beyond me) and it was AMAZING. I've never seen a teacher store like that before. And they were CHEAP! Just what I needed! I stocked up on some things and got some things for next year's job (hopefully). We went to O'Connells for lunch and stuffed ourselves on cheese fries, wings, and a ranchburger. We drove by my old high school and my old house (which the landscaping on looks TERRIBLE) then we went back to the motel for a nap. That evening we went to Crabtown and chowed down on crab, corn, red beans and rice, and bread. It was delicious! We headed back to Norman and eventually we went over to Ashley and Chris's rehearsal dinner/party. It was awesome being able to see her family and Krisstina. We went over to their house afterwards and watched the PPV UFC fights (lame... braindeath). We finally went back to the motel at around 12 or 1ish.

On Sunday, we went to the mall because it was a lot chillier than we thought it would be and I thought I might need a sweater for the wedding. I got a super cute purse too. We went to City Bites for lunch which I would die to have up here. Then we went back to the motel to chill a bit. Then we went out and got some snacks to tide us over during the wedding since we didn't know if there would be dinner/appetizers/hors doeurves/etc. We went to Classics and got a jumbo vanilla DP and some mozarella sticks and cheese fries (we were SUPER unhealthy on this trip if you couldn't tell). The wedding was beautiful. It was short and to the point, definitely focusing on what was important. The reception was a lot of fun because my teacher from high school has a band and he played there. So it was nice to see him and to see my friend Stacy as well. We danced all night and were basically the last ones there along with the Loftis family and Stacy and her boyfriend Charlie. It was a lot of fun :)

On Monday Jeff and I took it easy in the morning. We went to a store called "In Your Dreams". It was one of my favorite places to get car fresheners (sounds weird but they are really cute and smell really yummy). We went to Chick-fil-a after that and headed on home. We got home around 6ish.

Yesterday, Jeff and I went to the Omaha zoo. It was perfect! The weather was right in the 70 degree range with a light wind. It wasn't crowded at all and we got to see all the animals we wanted to. Plus that darn zoo is a work out! There are lots of steep hills and walking. We were there for about 3 1/2 hours. We went to a place called California Tacos for lunch. If anyone watches Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network channel, this show was featured on there. It was definitely a dive and was not in a great part of town. However, it was DELICIOUS! Very very good. We went to Jeff's parents after that to celebrate his mom's birthday and we ended up going out to Applebee's for dinner.

Jeff and I are both back at work today and neither one of us really wanted to go. It was hard to wake up this morning. We are also suffering from "fast-food comas" and will definitely be eating at home for a while.

Next week, Jeff will be in North Dakota so I will be on my own. Usually I wouldn't care but I wish I didn't have two of my three interviews then. I haven't really gotten a feel from the administration about the jobs one way or another so we'll just see what happens. I just hope they make their decisions rather quickly after the interviews, that way I don't have to sit and worry about it.

That's all for now.

No comments: