Jeff and I are off to Ooooooooooooooooooooklahoma today! Every time I think of the state or say the name I think of the Sesame Street skit with Kermit and Forgetful Jones. Forgetful Jones is trying to sing the "Oklahoma" song but he keeps messing up the name of the state with different vowels. "Aaaklahoma, Eeeklahoma, Iiiklahoma..." It's one of my most favorite skits. If I wasn't at school right now I would post it in here for you all to watch. Unfortunately all web-sites that show videos are blocked here and a page pops up that says, "Access Denied. Pornographic/Inappropriate Content". And that's pretty embarrassing if someone where to see you with that screen popped up! So you will have to settle with my description for now.
Anyway, Jeff dropped me off at school today so he could get the car packed up and ready to go. He'll be back to pick me up when I get off work and then we will head south. We are pretty excited for the trip and the chance to get out of Nebraska for a bit.
I have set up my interviews with Maxey today for the three positions. Pat asked me what I would like to interview for and being all PC I said that I would like to apply for all three and then we set them up then. I have interviews at 6:15pm on April 29th, 30th, and May 5th for the positions. There is a substitute that is a regular here that is interviewing for the 1st grade position (yes I snooped at the list) and some other name that I didn't recognize already listed on the 5th grade list. So that's my only real update on that stuff. Tracey and Pat make the final decisions so we will see what happens. Something will work out somewhere :)
I'm awfully bored today at school. Not much to do and I will be sitting here until 1:00 until my first class. I'd rather be busy and I'd try and find something to do for some teacher but there is testing in nearly every grade going on and it's been like this for about a month and will continue through May (ah, the joys of teaching in the spring) so there isn't much I can do for the teachers right now. I'll find something to keep me busy!
1 comment:
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
Post a Comment