Thursday, April 30, 2009

Interview #1

Last night's interview went pretty well. I wasn't really thrown off by the questions. There were a few that after the interview I was like "Ooohhh... should have added this" but overall it wasn't bad. Pat and Tracey said some incredibly nice things about me in front of the interviewing committee and that was very nice to hear. So even if I don't get a job here next year, I do feel like my work has been appreciated and noticed.

I am a little nervous about tonight's interview. It's for the kindergarten spot. I just haven't had a lot of interaction with a typical kindergarten class so I'm not exactly sure on everything that goes on in the classrooms. I'll do what I can. The kindergarten teachers here are very very nice.

I talked briefly to Pat this morning and he said that no decisions will be made until after all of the interviews are completed. That way they have more flexibility. I think that translates into being able to move interviewees around if needed and accepted.

Last night I went to Linc Care (bleh) because my mom and I thought I had strep throat. It's not which is a good thing (I would have gotten all my kiddos sick) but since it's not strep, there is nothing I can really do but take some tylenol and drink fluids. My throat still really hurts, I have a headache, and my neck hurts a lot today but I'll manage. I only have one class to teach today and it's not until the afternoon so hopefully I'll have some time to perk up this morning.

Tonight after this interview I am going to treat myself! I am going to grab something from somewhere... I'm thinking Chinese. I will go home and watch Survivor (I am never "allowed" to watch this when it originally airs cause Jeff HATES it :) ). I'm going to take a bath and just take it easy. I'm really excited. This week has been a little more stressful than I thought it would be and I am exhausted with this virus on top of it. This weekend will be welcomed with open arms. Only one more work day... after this one ends... and it hasn't really begun :)

No comments: